Nightmare

When Natsu came to the first thing that came to his mind was the heat. It was hot in the room. He didn’t know why. His eyes opened lazily, he felt as if he were a sack of bricks. The first thing he saw was fire. The next thing that happened was water.

“Gah!” He sputtered. He had been doused. Wiping his face off he heard,

“So sorry Natsu.”

He looked up to see Juvia standing there. She looked beat up, her clothes torn, her small smile holding dread and sadness. Confused he looked around. His comrades were all starting to get up. Not soon after Gray found his way to him.

“You’re finally back.” He said. “Yeah, I never left dumb ass, but what happened?” Natsu asked. He looked at all his guild mates. Everyone was here. Except one. “Wheres Lucy?” He asked more frequent. Gray looked at him in shock, then shook his head sadly. “You don’t remember any of it do you.” Remember what? What was he talking about? “Wheres Lucy?” He asked again. “Do you know what happened? You turned into that… Demon..” Gray looked at him bitterly, then softened. Well, he had his full attention now. “You mean I…” He trailed off. “Yeah, you did.” Gray finished. Natsu looked down at his hands. He had been a beast, he hadn’t been strong enough to resist it, he had attacked his own guild. At least no one was hurt. Or were they? “Did anyone….” He hesitated. He didnt want to say it in fear that someone had. “Die?” Gray looked away from him. “There… Was one death..” He said softly. Natsus eyes widened. He had killed someone. Who had he killed? Was anyone else hurt? Where. Was. Lucy. “Gray, tell me right now, where is Lucy.” He stood up. His legs were weak, threatening to give out from under him but he had to stay strong. At least until he found Lucy. It was then that Gray looked at him and said, “She isnt here Natsu.” Natsu was fed up with his crappy answer. He would have to find Lucy himself, make sure she wasn’t too badly injured. Smelling for her scent, he couldn’t pick it up. Odd. And it terrified him. He smelled blood, and lots of it. Looking around the room he saw a group of people, huddled around something. Maybe she was in the group. She prayed she in the group. He had been right. She was in the group. The dead center where people had huddled around her body. “Lucy?” He whispered. Her body lie on a blanket, her skin pale, blood in her hair, burns on her arms and legs and torso, and a small smile on her face. He pushed through people, running to her. Kneeling beside her body he picked her head up in his lap. No. No. This can’t be Lucy. Yet it was. She was cold. The light gone from her smile. Her hair wasn’t as gold as it had been. Her brown chocolate eyes had probably turned to a cold dark mud color. Lucy was gone. “No…” He whispered. “NO.” He yelled. Tears fell down his cheeks, yet he didn’t bother to wipe them. He felt a hand rest in his shoulder. Flinching, he turned to the owner. Gramps. “She didnt die in vain. She saved us. She saved us all.” He smiled reassuringly. He looked back down at her cold face. She was selfish. She had saved everyone but herself. Leaving him alone. He had remembered watching Future Lucy die. He had felt terrible but this was worse. Much worse. That pain was dull compared to the throbbing ball of pain he felt now. Tt grew larger by the second. She was gone. His best friend. His love. His light. Gone. ——————————————————————— “AH!” The cry came out. Waking yp from his dream, tears fell from his eyes. It was only a dream. No, a nightmare. It had seemed so… Real. He sat up, being careful not to choke on his quiet sobs. Not soon after he heard his hotel room door open. “Natsu are you alright? I heard you yell.” The voices owner poked their head through the door. Lucy. He stared at her. Never having been so happy to see her. “Natsu- wait.. Are you- natsu whats wrong?” She rushed to his side and sat down on the bed beside him. He kept staring at her as if she was a ghost, tears still falling. “Natsu?” She asked again. He slowly grabbed her wrist. She was real. He pulled her into a hug, burying his face in the crook of her neck. She wrapped her arms around him as he sobbed. “I thought you were gone.” He managed, his voice rough. She rybbed his back soothingly. “No, I’m right here, whateve it was in your dream, it gonna have to be a lot tougher than that to get rid of me.” He sobbed again. He had killed her. He had never loved another person so much as he had loved lucy. She unwrapped her arms from him and took his face in her hands. “Listen Natsu, I’m right here. I’ll always be right here. I would never leave you.” She wiped his tears. “Never…” She leaned over and kissed his forehead. “Now c’mon, wheres my big tough dragon slayer Natsu Dragneel?” She smiled. She was rewarded with one of Natsus big happy grins. “There he is.”