Chapter Six: Raids and Rooftops

I silently followed Legolas on the rooftops, sliding down the slates. My elvish hearing allowed me to hear the cries within a certain house which I could see Tauriel slipping into. I fired an arrow into an orc on the roof, splitting its head, as it fell into the house, collapsing the roof. Legolas landed into the house first and I followed, landing onto the dining table next to him. We both shared a look of utter shock to see the chaos that was taking place in just one room.

Two young girls were in the middle next to one of the dwarves who was trying to defend them. A boy was in the corner trying to defend himself with the kitchen crockery and wooden furniture. Kili was in a sick bed and seemed gravely ill, whilst Fili was struggling to hold the majority of the force  by himself. I sprung into action, spinning Noldor and Aulë into my firm grasp, beginning to slash the orcs around me, slitting their throats and driving my daggers through their backs. I spotted one behind Fili who was about to deal a deadly blow, so I reached out to grab its disgustingly brown blot of hair and yanked hard. I heard an audible snap and the orc fell to the floor, its weapon clanging loudly with it.

Fili twisted to the noise with a fist raised, but he stopped when he saw it was me. 'Callon?' he asked in surprise, but then I noticed an orc in front of him, and stabbed it in the eye. 'I am so sorry, I owe you an apology for not listening to you in Mirkwood,' he apologised, beginning to fight the orcs around him again.

'There is no need for that master dwarf,  the forest affects us in different ways,' I said, as an orc ran towards me. 'What's done,' I slap it hard in its ugly face, 'is done.' I then crossed my daggers over the orcs neck and decapitated it. Its head rolled to the floor, and I noticed that all the filth was now cleared from the house. Fili rushed to his brother, who was writhing on the floor in pain. I looked at Tauriel, who had a pained expression on her face. She must truly care for the dwarf

'You killed them all,' the boy said astounded. 

'There are others, Tauriel, Callon, come' Legolas said. I went to move but I saw that Tauriel was hesitant. Although Kili was very sick, I knew that there was still hope, if he were treated by the right person. I reached out and lay a hand on Tauriel's shoulder.

'It is your choice Tauriel,' I assured her.

'We are losing him,' one of the dwarves said. Tauriel looked frantically at Kili and back to Legolas.

'Tauriel,' Legolas said, as he started to leave. I followed as well, eyeing out any nearby orcs. I heard Tauriel move behind me. Then we ran into another dwarf; Bofur who held some alfalas weed. I smiled turning to Tauriel.

'Do what you must, protect them with your life,' I  told her. I then disappeared, following the trail of dead orcs in Lake Town that Legolas left for me to find him. I spotted him, between some alleyways, so I got out my bow again, the blue ribbon soft against my calloused hands. I drew out an arrow and fired it at an orc in front of Legolas, and it dropped to the floor. Legolas spun around to me, a look of relief upon his face.

'Callon you came,' he said, sounding slightly confused.

'I will not abandon you, not this time,' I promised. I heard a sudden movement to the right of me and flicked the hilt of my bow to hit it in the face, and thrust an arrow in its face. 'Filthy scum,' I cursed.

We both made out way further through the wooden town, slashing our white knives, moving silently with the wind. As the light of the moon began to shine, I pulled up the hood of my deep green cloak and continued down a different route to Legolas. The wind was now all but gone, as silence ruled the rickety wooden streets. Apart from the occasional slash and thump of Legolas' kills, the town was dead; a vacuum of sound altogether. But my elvish hearing told me otherwise, as well as my feet as I could feel the heavy thump of feet walking about. And although the stench of raw fish was strong in Laketown, it seemed another grossly pungent smell overwhelmed it. It seemed this was no ordinary orc leader.