nine

jimin hurriedly got into the elevator and pressed buttons with blurry vision. he rubbed his eyes, cursing himself for being so sensitive.

the door opened with a ding and the boy rushed into the lobby, but collapsed into big shoulders.

"jimin?"

he glanced up with big eyes, it was taehyung.

"are you okay, jimin?" taehyung wrapped his arms around the younger as the boy shook his head.

"did something happen between you and jeongguk?"

jimin nodded.

"is it the stuff on the news?"

jimin nodded again.

taehyung let out a troubled sigh, making a funny face.

"jimin. . . jeongguk cares about you, he's not one to look after others and he's not one to kiss anyone without a reason. i don't know what he told you, but he didn't mean it."

jimin gazed at the tiled floor, sniffling as taehyung pulled out tissues from his coat pocket.

"here."

"t-thank you."

taehyung smiled and ruffled jimin's hair.

"now go talk to jeongguk."

jimin took his advice and went back to the elevator, pressing the floor to jeongguk's apartment.

jeongguk laid on the floor, curled in a ball, the place he remained for the last thirty minutes when there was a faint knock at the door.

he stood up with a surprised, hopeful expression.

"jimin?" no, it couldn't be jimin, he hates me now. . .

but it was jimin. he stood meekly with watery eyes and flushed cheeks, but he was actually there.

it wasn't jeongguk's imagination either, he brought the boy into his strong arms, smiling.

"you came back. . ."

i actually hate this chapter ;-;