(10)

Author POV

Chaeyoung was in shock, as she wasn't expecting Mina to ask her that. Frankly she didn't know what she wanted to talk about.

"But what's with the sudden change of mind, if you don't mind telling me." She was sure she wouldn't accept her offer. Chaeyoung led her to the bean bags and she began speaking.

"Do you remember Bam Bam?" Chaeyoung got infuriated just by the mention of his name, of course she remembers that bastard. She nodded in response, trying not to show her anger.

"Well he's been pestering me to be with him and get married, but I don't want to do that. That creep has been following me everywhere, it's like he's a damn spy or something." Chaeyoung shifted in her seat feeling uncomfortable for Mina. This made her even more mad.

"So I thought if I stayed at your place he wouldn't know where to find me, unless he sees me in the streets or something." Paired with the subconscious desire that Mina has to get to know Chaeyoung better.

"Well, Mina that sounds like harassment to me, don't you think?" She should get a restraining order for that asshole, Chaeyoung thought

"It is, but i'll leave it be for now, if it gets worse i'll move out from your place and go back because I don't want you guys to fight again, after that incident in High School." She visibly winced at the memory that filled her brain.

"Or get a restraining order to keep him away. I don't know about you Mina but I'm actually a little excited that you want to move in because I think we could actually start over."

 Anybody who was there can feel the awkwardness filling the room. Mina blushing from Chaeyoung's words said "That's cute i'll consider getting that restraining order since you're so confident about our friendship. I should trust your opinions." Mina gave Chaeyoung a cheeky smile making her heart flutter a little. She forgot about that gummy smile that she rarely saw.

"So uh, when do you want to move in? I gotta prepare you room and stuff."

"Maybe tomorrow I'll keep you posted ok" And with that, Chaeyoung led Mina out of her office.

"Ok see ya, take your time you know, heading back." Chaeyoung was genuinely concerned about her walking by herself, especially with Bam Bam following her everywhere like the creep he is.

"I will, and thanks again, I'll have to treat you to dinner sometime as a thank you gift." She blushed when she realized she just asked her on an unofficial date. She hoped Chaeyoung didn't catch on to her accidental proposal.

"Haha, thank you, it's a date then" and with that Mina mentally facepalmed, the elevator doors closing at that moment allowing Mina to physically cringe at herself, although a pit of excited formed in her stomach. She was relieved with how well things were going with Chaeyoung.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5:00pm

Chaeyoung POV

Ah, home sweet home. Now  I gotta start preparing for Mina's arrival, first step, tell Dahyun.

"DAHYUNIEEEEE!" I yelled out for her as I couldn't find her. I went out on the deck to find her in the jacuzzi with Momo. As soon as she saw me, she hopped out of the jacuzzi with an excited look on her face.

"Hey Chaengie, ok before you say anything, yes we are a thing now. I know that it was a little sudden but I don't care, we are happy right now. I think I should formally introduce you two." She grabbed my hand and tugged me over the jacuzzi.

"Momo, I'd like you to finally formally meet my best friend from highschool Chaeyoung, who is now my landlord haha." She's joking right, I hope she doesn't actually see me like that.

"Haha I guess you could put it that way. Nice to meet you Momo." I reached out to shake her hand and she did the same while bowing.

"Nice to meet you too Chaeyoung" I think I should leave these two alone but I gotta tell her first.

"Dahyun, I have to tell you something" I pulled her aside

"So Mina asked me, or rather took up my offer to stay with us." Her eyes widened.

"Oh wow, that's good right." She said with an excited tone. Little does she know I have a small crush on her. But also on my client apparently. That kiss came out of nowhere, I swear it just happened, but I kinda liked it. I proceeded to tell Dahyun today's events while walking about the backyard.

"Well it sounds to me my friend that you are clearly lonely hahaha." I glared at her while she was laughing at that very unfunny but, perhaps true statement. I am lonely. I just never wanted to admit it because, how pathetic is that. I never actually been in a relationship mostly flings and I'm 27 for Christ's sake. I need to not be so unprofessional with a client, I have to let Rose know.

"NOONAAAAAAAA" What the hell. Jung Hoon came out the glass doors screaming for me.

"What is the matter!? What happened!?" I ran to him with a worried look on his face. This kid is so unproblematic what could've possibly happened.

"I got I -" He was out of breath, his chest was heaving as though he was running from a murderer. I stroked his hair to try to get him to calm down.

"I'll get him some water, Momo, come help me" Dahyun said in order to leave us, she realised whatever this was it was serious.

"I got an email Chaeyoungie from our mother." I looked at his eyes that were red and moist. The poor kid was crying on the run over here, and he would continue to cry the more we talk about this. This topic was always sensitive to him.

"Unnie what to do?" He said sobbing and landed in my arms. My eyes started to well up with tears that I reluctantly produced. I hate seeing Hoonie like this.

"Its ok, let's go inside and talk ok, It'll be alright" I said in a soothing tone in an attempt to calm him down. Eventually it worked and he was able to stop the waterworks. I led him inside where I proceeded to tell him that I received an email from her as well. He's gonna hate me for not telling him...

•Something About Her• 《Michaeng♡》जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें