chapter seven,

The next morning, Niall went to Starbucks early because he had an interview.

He went through the drive-thru because he was in a rush which disappointed him a little bit because he knew he probably wouldn't see Eva.

Unfortunately for Eva, she was called in that morning to work. She didn't mind because she had nothing else to do and she was usually an early riser.

"Good morning, what can I get for you?" She said through the microphone as she stood in front of the computer.

"Mornin'. Can I get a, uh," Niall started and looked along the menu.

"Niall?" She asked.

Niall sighed, he thought it was a fan. It was too early to hear screaming but he braced himself.

"Yes?" He asked.

Eva was a little disappointed the Niall didn't recognize her.

"Um, nothing. Go ahead." She quickly said.

"Okay?" Niall said in confusion. "Just gimme a venti black coffee. Hot please." Niall ordered.

"Gotcha. Pull up to the window please." Eva replied and he did.

His manager kept calling but he texted him saying he was on his way.

As he pulled up to the window, his manager called again and he decided to pick up.

"I'm on my way! Didn't you see the text? My god, I'm coming." Niall exclaimed before hanging up only to turn and see a shocked Eva.

The window was down so she heard Niall's outburst which caused him to turn red.

"Eva." Niall simply stated.

"Surprise." She replied with an awkward laugh and smile. "I picked up the morning shift." 

Niall nodded.

"It'll be $5.64." She said and Niall handed her his card.

He sighed and gripped the steering wheel.

"Eva, what time do you get off of work?"

She was shocked and excited as to why he was asking.

"Around 4 PM." She replied giving him his card back.

"Wanna go out for lunch? Or dinner?" Niall asked knowing he'd regret if he didn't.

"Dinner is fine. I wrote my number on your coffee cup, you never asked for it. And I was tired of waiting for you to. Bye, Niall!" She said closed the window.

He checked the cup and saw the digits written in blue ink with a smiley face at the end. He smiled at her through the glass and she waved before he drove off.

He was definitely feeling better about this interview. He raised the volume to the music playing on the radio and planned his date with Eva. 

Just before pulling into the studio he added Eva's number into his contacts and sent her a message.

"Send me your address. I'll be there around 6 pm. Dress nice. Have a wonderful day, beautiful."

He debated whether adding the 'beautiful' was a good idea but he decided to put himself out there.

As he walked in he greeted his manager, Richard.

"You're in a much better mood," Richard snarked.

Niall simply lifted his coffee cup and smiled. "Coffee has that power doesn't it?"

"And I'm assuming it has nothing to do with the number written on it?"

Niall forgot about the number.