chapter twenty,

"Niall, if I have to go up to that apartment one more time... I will kill you." Eva huffed as she dropped one of Niall's suitcases on the sidewalk.

"You've only had to go up thrice... and there's an elevator," Niall informed her. Eva turned and glared at him.

"It doesn't make it any less irritating, Horan." 

After loading all the luggage into his car, Niall started the car and drove them to the studio where'd they pick up the rest of his luggage.

"Richard! How're you?" Eva asked genuinely.

"Super excited to get on the road," Richard grumbled as he stepped off the bus.

"As is he," Eva said and motioned towards Niall.

"Well, as excited as one can be about leaving their fiancee but yes. I am excited." Niall added as he snuck his arm around Eva.

"Please take care of him while on tour," Eva said and clasped her hands together.

"I will make sure he gets back intact," Richard stated before going inside the studio.

"I don't think he likes me much," Eva mentioned, looking up at Niall.

"He doesn't like anyone much. I don't know how he managed to find a husband." Niall said and Eva chuckled.

"Well, are you ready? Do you have everything?" Eva asked. Niall smiled and hugged Eva tightly.

"It will all be okay. Patience, remember? It starts now." Niall said kindly.

Niall's thoughts began to overwhelm him as he was trying to comfort Eva. 

Would they make it? Would it actually be okay?

But he had to quiet those thoughts in order to quiet the ones Eva was voicing. 

"I know, I know. But it doesn't make the fact that you're leaving me change, Ni. I want to threaten you witht he whole 'If you don't pick, I'll track you down' thing but I know you'll be busy and it's kind of inevitable to miss calls,"

"Babe," Niall said interrupting her rant while placing his hands on the sides of her face. 

Looking into her glossy brown eyes he reassured her, "I love you, okay? I'll call you every night and I'll text you every morning. We can share what we have planned for the day and recap what we did. It'll be ... it'll be different than how other newly engaged couples start off their engagements but,"

"But we're not normal," Eva whispered finishing his sentence. Niall smiled widely while placing his forehead on hers.

"We most definitely are not."

After their exchange, they hung out for a few more minutes in the studio before Richard told them they had to leave.

Eva left in Niall's car with tears in her eyes but was quickly uplifted by the fact that she was going to tell Laura the news.

Meanwhile, Niall sheltered himself in his bunker and slept while his team discussed details of the tour.

"Mate, what you sleepin' for? We're about to start tourin'! Don't you wanna have a proper chat or whatever other bonding bullshit friends do?" Lewis said after pulling the curtain back.

Niall laughed at his Scottish friend. "Yea, I suppose a conversation and a drink, of course, seems like a good idea." 

* * *

really short chapter, i know. pls don't kill me.

hope you all enjoyed it nonetheless :)

<3