chapter nineteen,

Eva woke up to the sun's warm rays on her face. And the very loud construction happening across the road.

As her vision became clear, she realized Niall's bedside was empty. She quickly sat up and saw the room was empty of Niall's luggage and belongings.

Tears brimmed her eyelids as she shook her head. 

Niall wouldn't leave without saying 'Goodbye', would he?

She checked her phone but she didn't have any texts or calls. Confusion clouded her mind, Niall still had two days before leaving for tour. 

She clicked on Niall's contact but to no avail. Eva began pacing the apartment.

"Niall, I swear if you left me, I will let the milk in the refrigerator spoil and I will not take it out."

"A year Niall! The milk will be in there for a year! That's what you'll get for leaving me!" She exclaimed through the phone.

She flopped on the couch and left another voicemail.

"Niall, did you really leave? I couldn't get a bye? Well, there's no point in getting mad. I wish you the best and I love you. I miss you already-"

"Eva, you're awake! Oh you're on the phone sorry." Niall said as he walked through the front door.

Eva dashed towards Niall and jumped on his body. After stumbling back, he regained his balance.

"I thought you left already," Eva confessed while tears trailed down her face.

Niall awed meanwhile he waddled to the kitchen with grocery bags and Eva on him. Once he sat the bags down, he placed Eva on the counter.

"My love, how could you think I'd leave without saying goodbye?" Niall cooed as he wiped her tears off her puffy cheeks.

"Well, you weren't in bed and your...your stuff was gone, Ni." Eva said, her eyes glossy with tears.

Niall gave her a half-hearted smile and kissed her cheek before engulfing her in a tight hug.

"No, Eves. I was just getting us breakfast. And I know you get sad when you see the luggage so I put it in the studio for now, but not seeing it still makes you sad." Niall chuckled.

"I'm just a sad person, Niall. Just a sad girl. Soon-to-be-left-alone-while-my-boyfriend-conquers-the-world sad girl." Eva ranted and Niall's eyes went round.

"Wow, that was a lot." Niall smiled and Eva chuckled. 

"Niall, I'm being serious, I don't know how I'm gonna be away from you for a year. You've like... taken over my life. Completely. Who am I supposed to watch the Office with now? Huh? I'm gonna look over to tell you something funny but you're not going to be there because you'll be in some foreign country!" Eva complained and Niall just nodded.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, Eva."

"No, don't be sorry. it's your job. Gosh, now I just made you feel bad for doing your job." She said and let out another sob.

Niall chuckled at his girlfriend's sensitivity.

"Eves, look at me. I'm okay." He said and looked into his teary eyes.

"We'll be okay, remember? With messages, calls, and video calls. We got this."

"Niall, I can be a backup singer!" She joked while smiling.

"As much as I'm sure everyone would love to hear your screeching, I think we should save that for your showers only," Niall responded. "Truly you'll run me outta business with your beautiful voice, baby." 

Eva smiled.

"Patience, my love. Patience. I'll be back before you know." Niall said and tucked her curly strands behind her ear.

"I need to upgrade my dose of patience then, don't I?" Eva joked and Niall hugged her one last time before they ate breakfast.

"Niall, I was seriously going to kill you. I was just so shocked." Eva laughed while Niall played her voicemails.

"Year-long spoiled milk? Oh my gosh," Niall laughed. 

"Now that I think about it, I think it'd be more of a pain for me than for you." She said and Niall shook his head at the thought.

She picked up their plates meanwhile Niall made her a cup of tea.

"Your tea is on the table, love," Niall said and sat back at the table, she thanked him before sitting beside him.

She took a sip and was surprised at the taste, "That's so good! What type is it?" 

She checked the tab that was connected at the end of the string to find a ring.

The tab had been written on, "Marry Me?"

Eva looked up to see Niall with a wide smile. "Please?" He said simply.

"Niall! Oh my gosh! What? Yes! " She said excitedly jumping from her seat.

He quickly untied the ring and placed it on her finger.

"Niall! What? Niall, oh my... no, I've been crying too much already." She said covering her face.

"I'm sorry, Eves." Niall chuckled.

"Oh my-Niall! Are we really doing this?" She said looking at the ring and at Niall.

"Are you already having doubts?" He frowned.

She shook her head, "No, of course not! But wow. Niall!" She said and Niall hugged her before indulging the both of them in a deep kiss.

"I can't believe I'm going to marry the hottest and smartest woman on Earth!" Niall proclaimed as he picked Eva up and spun her around.

Her arms were around his neck as she giggled in excitement and happiness.

"What happened to being patient? We can't ignore the fact that we've only known each other for a few months, Niall." Eva said.

Niall nodded understandingly. "But, Eves, doesn't this feel right?" He said and led them to the balcony.

She nodded as she saw the view.

"It feels... perfect." She smiled widely.

They laid in the hammock, rocking while in each other's arms.

"Eva. I want you to know that in my lifetime, I've never met anyone who's made me feel the way you have in these few months. People might say I'm a romantic so I tend to exaggerate things but," He said and lifted her chin to lock eyes with her.

"I think of waking up next to your every morning and I just can't wait to. I love being with you, talking to you, I just love you, Eva. Everything about you."

"Even the little things?" She joked and he groaned.

"Even when you ruin good moments," He sighed. She inched forward and placed a kiss on his lips.

He gripped her waist and pressed her body to his while she brought her hand up to his soft hair, deepening the kiss.

"I can't wait to do more of that for the rest of my life, too."

"Just wait until we do more than just that,"

"Lord have mercy."

* * *

how are we doing?!

omg pls kill me before i have to write smut.

hope you all enjoyed this!!

<3