chapter fifteen,

The weekend had rolled around and Eva had come to a decision.

She was going to risk losing the serenity that came with having a private life to enjoy the company of Niall James Horan.

She smiled as she imagined the man's reaction when she would be at his door.

His big smile that made his eyes disappear, she missed that.

She was currently looking through the various packages of shrimp. She wanted to make Niall shrimp scampi in order to celebrate getting back together.

Even though Eva was about to reconcile her relationship with Niall, the same sense of anxiety she felt when moving from Afghanistan began to build within her.

She walked down the wine aisle and decided that she'd buy a bottle to celebrate also. A drink or two wouldn't hurt.

After paying for her items, she went to the car and began driving while listening to Heartbreak Weather, only to get home and cook while again jamming to Heartbreak Weather.

As the sun was setting, she grabbed the containers filled with food along with the wine bottle and put them in a bag before checking her outfit once more.

She wasn't overly dressed, but her billowy white shirt and light blue jeans settled against her brown skin nicely. Her dark curly hair fell naturally on her shoulders. She wasn't wearing any makeup so she left it up to her natural beauty and confidence to work their magic.

While riding in the back of an Uber she wondered what Niall was doing.

Was he sleeping? Cooking? Playing or writing more music? 

She looked down at her phone, showing a black and white picture of Niall in the studio. She smiled while looking at the passing palm trees.

She couldn't wait to see her boyfriend. She wondered if he was as nervous as her but then she remembered he didn't know she was coming resulting in her being even more nervous.

"Thank you, have a nice day," Eva said to the lady driver as she got out. She looked at the tall building and sighed before walking into the complex.

"Hi, Eva." She heard a girl call out. Eva just waved as he went into the elevator.

And so it starts, she thought.

As she saw the red numbers increase her heart started racing.

As she walked to the door her hands started sweating.

As she knocked on the door she held her breath.

However, as the door opened she was just ... confused.

Julia Micheals opened the door.

"Ah, so you're Niall's new bae. I'm Julia."

Eva frowned, wondering why Julia was in Niall's apartment. Instant regret started soaring through her as she came up with various scenarios explaining Julia's presence. And none of them left Niall in good standing.

"Is Niall home?"

"Course he is, or else why would I be here," Julia said with a smile.

Eva grimaced at the thought of him and Julia together, Niall wouldn't sleep with her, would he? 

"I've been meaning to talk to you," Julia said stepping in front of the door. Eva's eyes furrowed in confusion.

"He told me you couldn't handle the celebrity lifestyle or whatever," Eva calmed down expecting the girl to give her some advice.

"And I'm here to tell you that you're right. You're normal. Niall is famous, I mean, internationally known. He's young and rich and barely starting his solo career. You will be followed and photographed. You will be stalked and ridiculed by his fans for any and everything. It's overwhelming." Julia said and put an arm on Eva's shoulder. Eva just stepped back scoffing.

"This life isn't for you," Julia said finishing her rant. Eva was just shocked, eyes wide.

She stood there holding her bag and she couldn't find words to retaliate because everything Julia said just confirmed Eva's inner doubts.

Suddenly, the door opened wide to reveal Niall, the person she longed to see. Especially now, when her heart felt heavy with worry.

"Eva," Niall said as he looked at the tears form in her eyes. Eva quickly blinked them away as Niall turned his gaze to Julia.

"Julia, what're you doing?" Niall asked.

"Nothin', just leaving. Bye, Niall." She said before quickly placing a kiss on Niall's cheek. She gave Eva a quick glare before walking away.

As Julia's steps were heard in the distance, Eva and Niall looked at each other.

"I, uh, came to bring you some food but looks like you were busy," Eva spoke softly.

"What d'you mean? Oh, Julia, no. Not at all. She's a friend but a co-worker also." He explained.

An awkward silence fell between them. 

"What're you working on?" Eva asked.

"Tour. I'll be going on tour soon and she'd going to be the opening act." Niall informed her. Eva nodded as knot started forming in her throat.

"And, uh, when do you start tour?" Niall could sense the regret in her voice. The way she stood away from him, stiff and uncomfortable.

"In two months." He replied. 

The tense silence came back. Niall was leaning on the door frame wondering what was going on through her mind.

"D'you want to come in?"

"Not really. Not anymore." Eva replied, she felt the overwhelming pressure put on her again. She could feel the hot tears begin to form. "Here's the food, have a good night, Niall." She said and handed him the bag.

"Eva, wait. What's wrong?" He said holding her hand, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles.

"S'her... everything." She sighed before looking into his eyes. "I planned this whole night out. Us eating, watching a horrible scary movie, laughing, and being together. But now it all... it's just ruined, Niall."

"I can't get her words out of my mind." She whispered. Niall was confused and asked her to explain. "She said that it wouldn't work out between us. That I wouldn't be able to handle it. And usually when people test me like that, you know, I get more ambitious but," And she paused and lifting her gaze from the floor to Niall's blue eyes.

"It hurts so much because deep inside I feel like I can't handle it."

She looked at him for a response but she was left unsatisfied. Niall simply pulled her into a hug and Eva let her tears fall as she breathed in Niall's scent.

"I love you,"

Eva stepped back, shocked at Niall's confession.

"I know it's only been a few months but I do." Niall said holding both of her hands.

"And I know this is a big thing to ask of you, for you to change your privacy in order to be with me but I will make it worthwhile. I promise I will be the best boyfriend. I will be there for you, we'll still go on all those dates we planned. I'm still me and you're still you," Niall smiled as he saw Eva softly chuckle.

"We just got a few more eyes on us." 

Eva stared at Niall with a smile. She pulled the man into a hug and he rubbed her back.

"I missed you so much," Niall whispered as he felt her curls against his hands.

"I missed you, too bud."

* * *

dont know why i'm making eva cry so much in these chapters. im just hemmotional and we should be allowed to cry without feeling guilty.

anyways,,, vote and comment if you liked it!

what're some things you'd like to see happen? lmk. thanks.

<3