-half chapter-

After the concert, Laura and Eva went to the back where they were greeted by Niall and Lewis.

"Lewis! You did great! You truly have a great voice, man." Eva said as she approached the pair.

"Niall, however, I took some notes for improvement..." She said sternly before cracking a smile.

"Come here, you hooligan!" Niall said before pulling Eva into a tight hug. "I missed you so much, baby," Niall whispered into her hair.

"I missed you more. Our plants haven't been growing as much since you left, something about the lack of your Irish charm that's preventing them from growing," Eva joked.

"Poor plants," Niall pouted. "Well, I'm not looking to waste any more time, so if you all don't mind I will be heading out on the town with my beautiful future wife," Niall announced and Eva blushed.

"Laura," Eva said and Laura shook her head.

"I'll drive back, no worries. Tu cuidate. Great show, by the way, Niall." Laura smiled before leaving.

Niall and Eva headed to the tour bus where he grabbed some clothes and got into a car with Eva before driving to a nearby hotel.

"I can't believe you announced our engagement, I haven't even told my parents," Eva said and Niall gasped.

"Oh shit, me either. Me mum's gonna freak out." Niall winced while running his hands through his hair.

"The show was great, Ni. I had a fun time... it looks like you were enjoying yourself as well," She smiled before reaching over to hold his hand.

"I love performing. Nothing feels better than hearing hundreds of people yell scream the lyrics you wrote, you know?" He said, suddenly feeling thankful.

"I know you love it, and I can only imagine how it feels. But they sound great and truly, your fans are awesome." Eva said sincerely before placing a kiss on his hand.

"They do tire me out though, I'm getting old." Niall joked and Eva shook her head.

"If you're old, so am I. I'm only five years younger than you." 

"Still younger," Niall said and Eva smiled.

"Rest, my love. I'm a good driver so don't worry. I'll wake you up when we get there." She cooed softly as Niall nodded before dozing off on the reclined seat.

Eva smiled softly as she occasionally glanced over to see her sleeping fiance. She ran her fingers over his knuckles wondering how she ended up engaged with a globally known singer.

Thoughts of how her family would react to their engagement filled her brain. Being the only daughter, she knew the pressure that Niall would face from her father and brothers.

Not to mention the cultural and religious differences. As she looked over to Niall, she was yearning for the affirmation that the phrase, "Love conquers all" was true.

She suddenly wanted to know how their story ended for the unknown started to overwhelm her with negative thoughts.

"Ow," She heard beside her.

"What? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Your nails, you're diggin' your nails in me hand, love," Niall slurred while half asleep.

Eva immediately loosened her grip on his hand, "Oh, I'm sorry!" She apologized.

Niall hummed in response, "You alright?" He mumbled and Eva looked over at him.

"How do you think your parents will react when they see me?"

"They'll love ya, you're smart, most beautiful person to exist like ever, and you're funny sometimes so they'll love ya for sure." He responded, his eyes still shut.