• Cedric Diggory • Sorry •

A/N: oop :/
do you guys want any crossovers? ooh! should i do a Marauders Era oneshot, or a NextGeneration oneshot? comment which by Friday 15 May plssssss thank uuuuu. without further ado, on with the oneshot:
It's both your's and Cedric's 4th year, Harry's 1st
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You glanced out the window another time. The land was still speeding by the train. You wished it would stop. You didn't enjoy being at Hogwarts. You got bullied and made fun of because your mother abandoned you as a child for her being financially unstable. You were the 'Mean, Heartless Freak'.

You sighed and put your feet up on the empty seat opposite next to you, opening your book again. You checked your muggle wristwatch. 2:30. The Trolley Witch was at the other end of the train. You sighed, making you way over to the witch, ignoring the stares you got. You scraped your bright blue hair back into a messy ponytail and hitched your black jeans up higher before saying,

"A packet of Drewballs and a Pumpkin Pasty, please," your voice echoes down the now silent corridor and all eyes turn to you. You watched as the old witch scramble to get your items with a deadpan expression, when inside, you were smirking at her. Your presence and voice often made people flustered.

"FREAK ALERT!" somebody yells. Everyone laughs.

"THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!" you yell back. The laughter stops. Snatching your things out of the Trolley Witch's trembling hand, you dropped the money into her seemingly full pot and spun on your heel, stomping  off down the corridor.

FREAK ALERT! freak alert! HAHAhahaha.

The comments whirl and echo around your head. As you sit down in your compartment, a memory sticks out in your mind.

~memory~

You sit in the compartment, your head hung low. It's your first year, and to say that you are nervous is a total understatement. The boy infront of you looks about the same age as you. He is watching you curiously. You glance up at him and back at your lap.

"It's ok," he says gently "I'm Cedric Diggory. I take it it's your first year? It's mine too!"

The boy keeps blabbering on all the way to the castle, telling funny stories which make you giggle.

It is in the boat when he asks you your name.

"Y/N L/N," you say quietly. He smiles a lopsided grin your way.

~new memory~

"Diggory, Cedric," the tall boy eagerly clambers up to the stool.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" grinning, Cedric runs over to the yellow table and sits down.

"L/N, Y/N," you shuffle up to the stool, your overly-large robes making it harder. The hat falls over your eyes and your feet don't touch the floor.

"Hmm, it must be
-
-
-
-
RAVENCLAW!" the hat yells after a while. With a small smile for show and  disappointment settling at the pit of your stomach, you take a seat at the blue table.

~new memory~

"Cedric! Ced!" you yell down the hall.

"Ugh, is that that Ravenclaw girl again?" a voice says, making me stop in my track. A head turns around.

"Yeah it is! Ugh Ced, make her stop!" the boy says.

"I know!" all five heads cluster together and start whispering. They then take of running down the hall. You fold your arms, turn around stomp down the hall, tears streaming down your face.

~new memory~
2nd year

You are in the library when you see Cedric sat alone, studying: what a rare occasion.

"Heyy, Ced," you say, walking over.

"Oh, hi, Y/N..." he says, not looking up.

"Whatcha doing?" you ask.

"Homework," he says shortly, obviously not wanting to talk.

"What happened to us, Ced? we used to be close!" you ask, exasperated.

"Nothing lasts forever, L/N, ok?! Leave me alone," he snaps, going back to his work. You nod and turn around, tears threatening to fall.

That was the day you became the 'Mean, Heartless Freak'.

~end of memories~

You sigh again, your eyes glossy with tears, before turning back to your book.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: i'm not crying, you are. pt 2 on it's way shortly 💗✨🥺
Word count: 702