{3}

JJ couldn't help but stare at Brie as she say at the front of the boat, the wind blowing her hair away from her face. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the breeze, tilting her head up towards the sun and let out a deep breath.

He felt his own breathing shallow, watching her chest move up and down and her shoulders relax, her skin shimmering and golden under the sunlight. No matter how hard he tried to look away, he just couldn't. He didnt think it was possible to be so attracted to someone when all they were doing was sitting there.

Kiara nudged him gently, forcing his gaze away from Brie. She smirked at him knowingly and shook her head. JJ scowled at her, pretending that he had no idea what she meant.

"Quit the staring, JJ," she whispered lowly so Brie couldn't overhear, "What's gotten into you lately?"

"Nothing," he said, quickly. He sat up a little straighter and cleared his throat. "Nothing's gotten into me."

"Tell that to your face," she retorted, "You've done nothing but stare and flirt since we met her. You remember the rule, dont you? No-"

"Pogue-on-Pogue macking," he finished for her, pulling on his signature smirk, "Yeah, I know. I'm not one to go falling in love, dont you worry."

"Sure you're not," Kie smiled, punching his arm softly as she went to stand beside John B.

JJ took the opportunity to go and sit with Brie. She smiled up at him as he sat down next to her and tucked her windswept hair behind her ear.

"You okay?" She asked, bumping her shoulder against his'.

"Why wouldnt I be?" He grinned, leaning back to feel the sun against his face again.

"How come you stayed at John B's last night?" She asked, making his heart drop a little. "Don't tell me that you're homeless too."

"That would be one hell of a coincidence, huh?" He replied, preparing a good excuse in his head for why he hated going home. Brie looked at him, waiting for his response. "We crash at John B's a lot. It's just easier."

Brie pursed her lips and nodded, but he could tell that she wasn't fully convinced. However, she didn't press him any further, which he was grateful for.

"Pope, my man!" John B suddenly shouted, "You coming fishing?"

JJ and Brie looked up to see Pope stood on the dock. Brie got up waved at him, the smile on her face growing brighter, making JJ's heart falter. God, he needed to get a hold of himself.

"Hell yeah," Pope called back, jumping aboard the boat, "Just hurry up before-"

"Pope!"

Pope cursed and turned back to see his dad shouting at him from the house. Mr Heyward wore an apron over his clothes, raising his arms questioningly at his son, who JJ figured was abandoning his chores as usual.

"Where are you going, boy?" His dad yelled.

"Uh, just fishing," Pope yelled back, "I'll catch something good for dinner, okay? I promise!"

"Yeah, you'd better," his dad replied, acceping defeat, before disappearing back inside.

"Close call there, Dr Spock," JJ gave him a smug look, "Thought you were about to be called back to duty."

"That was a narrow escape," Pope said, jumping aboard the Pogue, "Let's just get going before he changes his mind."

~~~~

"John B!" Kiara screeched as he dropped the net on the deck and fish began flopping around, getting way to close to her.

"Sorry, sorry," he chuckled, using his foot to try and scoop them away, losing a few as they fell back into the water.