{22}

Brie laughed and held out her arms as the breeze blew her hair back away from her face. She risked a glance back at JJ, who was still frozen in place with shock.

She smiled to herself, loving that she had such an effect on him. She then looked down at herself and stifled another laugh.

What the hell was she doing? Running down the beach half-naked really didnt feel like her style, but she couldnt resist. But seeing the look on JJ's face was totally worth it.

Besides, it felt surprisingly freeing. She ran further down the stretch of the beach, tilting her head to the sky and twirling around happily. She took a breath and relaxed her still aching muscles, the fresh air soothing her lungs.

She couldn't belive that she managed to fall overboard during the storm. I mean, she knew that it wasn't her fault; that storm was insane. But she still felt stupid that she managed to get herself into trouble again, and that JJ had to save her ass again.

Brie was pulled from her thoughts with a jolt when she almost ran into someone. They dropped their surfboard and stepped back away from her. Oh shit.

She stumbled back and covered herself with her arms as best as she could. She looked up and heard her heart begin to thunder in her ears. Of all people, it had to be him. It had to be Danny that she ran into whilst completely topless.

"Brie," Danny stuttered in shock, "What-uh...what are you-?"

"Don't fucking look at her, man!"

JJ appeared beside her, putting himself between her and Danny. He pushed her bikini top and tshirt into her hands and shielded her with his body, staring Danny down.

Brie rushed with shaking hands to buckle the back of her bikini and pull the shirt over her head. This was bad. JJ had already told her that he'd kill Danny if he saw him, and now Danny had just seen her shirtless. This was just her luck.

Danny made the mistake of glancing round at her. Here we go, Brie thought. He clearly had a fucking death wish or something.

JJ gripped the front of Danny's shirt in his fists and shoved him back. Brie didn't move. Partly because her body wouldnt react, and partly because she would love to watch JJ beat his ass.

"I said, don't fucking look at her," JJ growled, "You deaf? Or just stupid?"

Danny smirked as he looked over JJ's shoulder at Brie. She huffed and clenched her fists, trying to keep calm. How was he smiling right now with JJ about to literally murder him?

"I knew you were fucking the Pogue," Danny sneered, "You're so predictable."

JJ clenched his jaw hard, clearly trying to hold himself back. Brie marched forwards until she stood right next to JJ, glaring at Danny.

"You don't know what you're talking about," she snapped, "You don't even know me."

"I know that you're fucking this guy," Danny said, pointing to JJ, "And I know what we did in those woods, and that you like to run around naked. No wonder it was easy to convince everyone on Figure Eight that you were a complete slut."

JJ grunted in anger and lurched forwards but Brie grabbed his arm and held him back. He looked down at her in confusion, eyes glinting with pure rage.

"Let me go, Brie," he begged, lip curling upwards. "You know I'll fucking kill him."

Brie ignored him, staring straight at Danny. She kept her fingers wrapped around JJ's risk, helping her to maintain the last shred of self-control that she had.