14. Stupid Dream

Sometimes you
will never know
the VALUE of a
moment, until it
becomes a
MEMORY.
_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

After Riya left I tried to sleep but because of hunger my stomach started making noises signalling me that I should eat something because of all these chaos I had skipped my lunch and now it's dinner time if I won't eat now then tomorrow I won't be able to go to school.

I went downstairs my parents were already present there as if they were waiting for me to come and explain everything. I knew this moment is going to come but I had not thought that it will come so soon.

"Are you okay?", Karan asked me while keeping his right hand on my left shoulder and squeezed it lightly to assure me that everything is going to be fine.

I nodded my head in approval and sat down Infront of my parents. I know there are many things they want to know but I don't know from were to start. So I decided to tell them everything from the beginning.

I tell them why Raj's mother came to my room I told them about the contract marriage proposal I told them about Raj uncle's will I told them about the 50% shares of company which will be transferred to the name of Raj's wife but I didn't tell them about Reena and Ajay.

After listening to me maa came to me and hugged me tightly. I thought she is being worried about me but what she said was unexpected. she said,

"I am so happy for you Karuna. I knew it Raj is perfect man for you and see after getting married to him you will also become rich."

I became shocked after listening to her. I thought only Raj's parents are selfish but now I feel like there is no difference between my maa and Raj's mother.

"What are you saying Maa?" I asked her shockingly.

"I am telling the truth. It's such a good news Karuna. Why didn't you tell us earlier? It's time to celebrate.", She said excitedly.

I don't know how to react on her statement. I think all the parents are same. When it came to their kids they became selfish or if I say it in Riya's word then it's their overprotective nature towards their kids.

"Can I get something to eat?", I asked.

I decided to change the topic because it's enough for today I can't take it any more.

Mom went to the kitchen and after few minutes she came back with a plate full of foods.

I took the plate from her hand and came back to my room because I want to eat in peace. I know if I stayed Infront of them then they will ask or tell me something unusual which will definitely spoil my already spoiled mood.

I finished my meal peacefully and lied down on my bed in the hope that I fall asleep soon.
_______________________________________

'No no no please leave me please please'

I am running very fast and begging them who are following me. I don't know who they are? and why they are following me? what have I done to them?

I am panting heavily because of all the running my legs are getting tired which results to decrease my pace but I won't give up giving up is not my nature I will try my best to escape.

I turn back to see my followers and suddenly I collided with a wall and collapsed hardly on the ground...

I hit the floor of my room hard. Arrrr! Again that stupid dream. I am already suffering from mental pain and now I will also have to bear with this physical pain.

I get up from the floor and went towards the bathroom to finish my morning chorus.

After getting ready for school I came downstairs. I noticed all three of them were sitting on the couch. Without meeting their eyes I went straight to the kitchen. I serve breakfast for myself and finished my meal as soon as possible so that I can left for my job.

I went inside the school students were getting ready for morning assembly I went to the staff room and kept all my stuff on my desk locker.

Successfully I took all the classes and now it's time for dismissal. I don't want to go home but I don't have any other option. I can't run from my problems forever I will have to face them.

I came to the staff room to collect my stuff. I took out my cellphone from the purse and turned it on yesterday I had switched it off because of those unknown calls.

After few seconds of turning my phone on it started ringing. Again it's an unknown number. I don't want to pick up the call but I don't have any other option I have to face this situation strongly it's not the time to get weak.

Bravely I picked up the call and answered it.

"Hello!", I said.

"Shut up you b***h.", A girl shouted from other side.

I have heard this voice before. Yes, it's her.

"Mind your tounge Rani. Why did you call me? You had already created so much mess in my life, now what do you want?", I asked her irritatedly.

"Huh! Yesterday was just a trailer sweetheart I will make your life living hell just wait and watch.", She replied with full hatred.

"Why? Why are you doing this to me? What I have done to deserve all this?", I begged for answers.

I thought that after yesterday's incident everything is over with Rani she is a closed chapter now and won't trouble me anymore but still she is threatening me. I don't understand why? What have I done to her? Why she hates me so much?

"Huh! Why don't you ask the same question to your parents.", She said and disconnected the call.

What does she mean? How my parents will answer me about the reason behind her hatred? I will ask them after reaching home.

I came out from the school. I was going towards the school bus through which I travel daily when suddenly I heard someone called my name. I turned back to find out who is it? I thought that it would be one of my student but I am wrong, it's not my student who had called me it's Raj. What is he doing here?
_______________________________________

✴️ What's your opinion about the entire chapter?

✴️How Karuna's parents know the reason behind Rani's hatred?

✴️What Raj is doing at Karuna's school?
_______________________________________

Don't forget to:-

❇️Vote

❇️Comment

❇️Share

(Your opinion means a lot to me)

_______________________________________