13. Reena

A rich man buying you something
doesn't mean anything, but a busy man giving you his time means everything.
_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

What happened just now?
Why Raj behaved like that?
What his parents hide from him?
May be it's about the contract marriage?
May be it's about the will?

Realisation hit me hard Oh my God! It means that Mr and Mrs Tandel didn't inform him about his uncle's will.

I was thinking about the possibilities behind whatever happened few minutes before. Suddenly I heard a known voice asking,

"May I come in?"

It's Riya standing at the door of my room.

"Yes Riya please come in.", I said.

I wondered what is she doing here? I don't know if she knows about the will and the contract marriage?

"How are you?", She enquired.

"I am fine. Sorry Riya I spoiled your day.", I apologized.

I feel sad for her because of my issues her special day got spoiled. I didn't even thought about her once. I had thought that we will become very good friends if everything goes right but now I think she is going to hate me.

"You don't have to say sorry. I can understand what you were going through?"

"Thanks Riya for understanding my situation at least you are not like your parents.", I replied sarcastically.

She is such a nice girl. My brother is a lucky man to have her as his wife.

"My parents are not bad they are just overprotective towards their children.", She tried to defend her parents.

I nodded my head in approval. I know that they are protective towards their kids but it doesn't means that they will hurt someone else feelings and emotions.

"I know everything.", Riya said.

I turn my head towards her and raised my eyebrows questioningly. She said she knows everything but I don't know what this everything includes.

"Yes Karuna I know about my uncle's will and about your contract marriage with Raj Bhaiya.", She said while revealing that her everything includes everything.

I looked at her shockingly. She knows everything still she didn't have any problem?

"Do you really wants to get married to my brother because you love him or it's because you want to save your family business?" I said angrily.

This whole Tandel family is getting on my nerves. I just can't bear all these.

"No, you are getting me wrong, I do like Karan and I don't care if you accept this contract marriage proposal or not I am still getting married to him.", Riya defended herself.

"Sorry for doubting you. I can't see my brother in pain that's why I behaved illogically.", I said calmly.

"I understand your feelings. I also have a brother. My brother is not bad Karuna.", She said.

I turned towards her and just shrugged my shoulder doubtfully.

"You must be thinking that I am trying to defend Raj Bhaiya but I am telling you the truth my brother is not a bad guy.", Riya explained.

I didn't react this time. I closed my eyes tightly and inhale deeply. I just want this day to get over it's the worst day of my life many unusual things happened in just one day.