17. Photograph

The two most
powerful warriors are
patience and time.

_______________________________________

Karuna Pov

"I am very thankful to Reena that she choose you for me.", Said Raj.

I looked at him shockingly. He nodded his head to confirm that he knows the truth.

"You know the truth?", I asked him to be fully sure.

He didn't say anything just nodded his head again in approval and smiled.

"How did you find out? Did you find any photograph of me and Ena? Please show it to me I also want to see those photographs.", I said desperately without even giving him chance to react.

He continued to stare at me as if he is observing my actions and thinking something.

I became nervous and lowered down my head. I don't know what he is thinking? I guess he must be wondering Why I didn't inform him that I am Una?

"Why didn't you tell me that you are Una?", Raj asked me.

I knew it he is going to ask this. I turn around and went towards the window.

"Because I was scared", I answered honestly.

"Scared? But why?", Raj enquired confusedly.

"I..I thought y...you won't believe me and will think that I am a gold digger who is lying to get your money.", I said hesitantly.

I heard his foot steps getting closer to me and I became nervous. I don't know why I always feel like this whenever he is trying to come closer?

He put his hands on my shoulders and made me turn towards him.

"I am sorry.", I apologized without making an eye contact with him.

"You don't have to be sorry. It was all my mistake. I should be the one who should apologize to you.", He said while lifting my chin up so that he can look directly into my eyes.

"I am sorry Karuna or Una.", He apologized.

He holds both of his ears and smiled teasingly.

"No need to do that.", I said while removing his hands from his ears and smiled back.

"Now show me the photographs.", I ordered him.

I desperately want to see those photographs which had revealed my identity.

"Which photographs?", Raj asked.

"Those, because of which you get to know that I am Una.", I said.

"Who told you that I found any photographs?", He said.

"Then how did you get to know that I am Una?", I asked.

"I already had a doubt since you took out the keys from under the pot because Reena had specifically kept that key for me and her best friend. So that in future if we come here and find out the gate locked then we can use it to get inside the house.", Raj said.

"Oh!", I said while processing whatever he said.

"If you had doubt since that moment then why didn't you reacted?", I enquired.

"Because you gave me a very nice execuse that it's very common nowadays. So I believed you.", He said casually while shrugging his shoulders.

"Then...", Raj cuts me in the middle and kept his forefinger over my lips.

"Shh..!", He shushed while coming extremely closer to me.

Oh God! He doesn't have any idea how much his close proximity effects me and my heart rate.

"When we entered the house I went straight to Ajay & Reena's room.

I thought you are also coming with me but when I reached there I noticed that you didn't came with me then I realized that I am so stupid I didn't asked you to come with me you might be thinking that I need some time.

So, I came back to fetch you but you were missing then I saw the door of this room was open. I came here and heard you complaining to Ena and crying. Rest you know!", He said.

I nodded my head understandingly but after listening to him I became sad. Why? I don't want anybody to see my vulnerable state. I had put so much effort to hide my emotions from him and because of my emotional outburst he get to know the truth.

"Tring Tring"

I heard the sound of my cellphone. I moved away from Raj and sighed in relief then I picked up my purse which I had dropped on the ground while I was busy in crying. I took out my cellphone and checked the caller ID. Its Maa calling.

I answered the call,

"Hello Maa!", I said

"Where are you Karuna?", She asked me worriedly.

I looked at Raj and mouthed him, 'What should I tell her?'

"Tell her that your bus got stuck in the traffic.", He replied in extremely low voice.

"Maa I am on the way today there is heavy traffic jam that's why I am late.", I said as Raj have suggested me.

"Don't lie Karuna just now Karan saw your bus passed from here."

Shit! I didn't thought about that now what will I tell her?

"Maa I will explain you everything after coming back home. I will be there in few minutes.", I answered her honestly because now there is no option to lie anymore.

"Okay come soon.", she said strictly.

I cut the call and Raj started laughing hardly. I glared at him angrily, he tried to suppressed his laughter but failed miserably and once again burst out laughing hard. I also joined him.

"She caught you red handed?", Raj enquired.

I simply nodded my head in approval and pouted sadly.

"Now take me home soon or else no one can save me from the upcoming tsunami.", I declared.

"Don't worry Una I won't let anything happen to you I will save you from this tsunami.", Raj said while holding my hand and dragged me towards the exit of the house.

We both came to his car. He opened the passenger side door for me and rushed towards the driver seat.

After fifteen minutes of ride we reached. Raj was going to unlock his seat belt but I stopped him.

He looked at me confusedly and asked,

"What happened?"

"Nothing, no need to come with me, I can handle this situation by myself. You go to your parents and tell them that you are ready to get married. I am sure they are desperate to hear this from you.", I said.

"Are you sure you don't need my help?", Raj enquired worriedly.

"She is my mother Raj I know how to handle her. So, don't worry about me.", I assured him.

He nodded his head and said,

"But if you need any help don't hesitate before calling me. okay?", He said.

"Okay.", I assured him and get out of the car and waited till Raj left.

After he left I move towards my house to face the tsunami.
_______________________________________

✴️What's your opinion about the entire chapter?

✴️Are you excited about the tsunami?
_______________________________________

Don't forget to:-

❇️Vote

❇️Comment

❇️Share

(Your opinion means a lot to me)
_______________________________________