Act-20

It had been a few minutes since he had left for his room. I hadn't still mustered the strength to get up. I didn't mean to cry but his apology took me by surprise and even more than that his last words.

If I didn't feel overwhelmed by his apology, I would've smacked him for his so called solution.

He'll move out? Why? How did he even come to that conclusion? Is he an idiot? I don't even know what goes into that gorgeous Man's brain. I am starting to doubt his high IQ.

But I think, I am just trying to avoid admitting the truth. It's not because he is an idiot—but he is letting me take advantage of him on purpose. Only because to him I—

No—I don't care what he thinks or feels. That's his mess to deal with. On the other hand this mess of moving out is mine and I have already thought of a solution to that.

—————————————

The next day, I had sent him a message that I'll be waiting for him. Only so that he wouldn't run away to wherever or whoever he goes to, after work.

Maybe a secret girlfriend—? An ominous thought flashed across the screens of my mind, and made my blood boil. Despite myself, I wanted to shake him if he were standing in front of me that very moment.

So when finally the high and mighty and the gorgeous—stop it, Zaira—! Concentrate! Well, when he returned home, I was waiting for him and he took a seat beside me on the couch.

"Hey." He looked down after greeting, staring into his interlaced fingers. My eyes dropped to his hand before wandering up to his face.

"Hi. Thankyou for coming, I am sure you had—other commitments—" I couldn't help but give him a caustic smile. For the past 2 weeks, he had been avoiding me like the plague and when he finally had the chance to talk, he spouted that nonsense.

I wasn't exactly jumping up and down in excitement to confront him either and to be honest, I was avoiding him a little bit too—but that was partly because I was mad at myself. Instead of slapping him or pushing him away, I had almost wanted him to—Astaghfirullah!

At my words, he turned to me with a frown but then for a minute fraction of a second his gaze wandered down from my eyes.

Without meaning to, I blinked and caught him turning away with a gulp.

Right—

"I had a chance to think about your—offer." I continued, after clearing my throat. He didn't say anything in response.

Really. This man—this gorgeous man, sitting in front of me is really just a big baby, isn't he?

"And I have decided, that if you bring up leaving the house again; I'll run away right that moment." I ended with a wide smile awaiting his response which came with a jerk of head.

"Zaira—!" He gaped at me horrified and I tilted my head at him with a hmm? and raised brows. He watched me with a frown at a loss of words, before turning away with an exhausted sigh.

"Do you not understand the consequences—" he began but I cut him off.

"Of course, you can't touch me—You promised, remember?" I continued with a forced wide smile. He had been pressing my buttons for a while now. It's time I got back at him.

At this, he turned to me; his face hardened.

"Yes, I remember and it's for the sake of that promise that I am saying this. I can't keep my word by staying with you here. I'll move to another apartment. You can stay here, however you wish." He continued without meeting my eyes. I watched him with a growing sense of irritation. I mean, these rich people are so annoying. It's so easy for him to say things like these. While here I was, hunting for part time jobs, just so I could have enough cash stacked up to move out before the year was over.