Act-30

I groggily opened my eyes to find him missing from my side. Before my mind could imagine the worst, my gaze fell on his shirt that he had pulled through my head while I was almost ready to pass out.

Immediately a smile formed across my face and I had to bite down on my lips to bury it. Still lying on the bed to my side in his plain black t-shirt which fell just a little above my knees, I picked the neck of his shirt to my nose and inhaled in his sweet scent.

But my attempts at acting like a creepy pervert were sadly cut short when I heard the door to the washroom open, followed by his footsteps as he strode back into the room. I sat up with the support of heels of my hands to see him turned towards the dressing table cladded in his work clothes; fixing the tie around his neck.

"Rayyan—are you going somewhere—?" I asked puzzled and immediately his gaze snapped to meet mine in surprise.

"Sorry. Did I wake you, sweetheart?" He murmured while taking short steps towards me. I slowly shook my head in a no and saw him bending towards me on the bed with a small smile. His hands pressing on the bed on my either sides, caging me in his embrace as he brushed a soft kiss against my lips.

"Good morning." He murmured against my lips whilst peering into my eyes. Unconsciously, I caught my lower lip between my teeth and that's when I remembered what he said yesterday about it.

"Morning—" I gasped breathlessly before wrapping my both arms around his neck and pulling him in for a kiss which might hopefully last longer than the last one. I really couldn't get enough of him. Especially after realising how close I was to losing him.

"Do you have to go—?" I mumbled softly with the side of my face resting against his chest and my arms wrapped around his back.

"I do, darling. I am sorry but I'll try to come back as soon as I can—" He returned after a small pause and pulled me away from him. I sadly gazed into his eyes, puckering my lower lip while he held the side of my face in his big strong hand; his thumb caressing my cheekbone.

"Where—?" I intentionally left my sentence incomplete and saw a shadow pass over his face. He took that moment to get up and return to finish dressing up.

"I have to meet Ismail—You remember him? We met him that time, while visiting the foundation. He is a lawyer too—He takes care of it for me when I am away—" He returned unfazed without meeting my gaze in the mirror. I tried to conjure a picture of him but couldn't exactly remember the details of his face.

"Oh—so you were meeting him yesterday, too? Is everything alright?" I suddenly realised that while I was here worrying about silly things, maybe Rayyan might've had other worries that I had no clue of.

"Everything's fine. Nothing to worry about—" he returned slowly while turning to me with a small smile. I tilted my head at him unconvinced but before I could prod further, he softly dropped a kiss to my forehead.

"I'll try to comeback as early as I can. Until then, can you promise me to stay out of trouble?" He inquired without meeting my gaze, while softly tugging a lock of stray hair behind my ear. I opened my mouth in protest but quickly dropped all efforts when I caught him shooting me a quirked brow look. Exhaling a long sigh, I nodded at him.

"Be a good girl and don't leave Hani's side. I am leaving her in charge—" He continued without missing a beat and not paying any mind to my mouth hanging open in shock, he gave me one final kiss before getting up to leave with an I love you, my sweet Zai—

I would've continued sitting in my place grumbling, a long while after he had left; unless the morning sickness didn't make me run for the bathroom.