(49)

he looked at me with the galaxy in his eyes;

the closer you pay attention, the brighter you'd see the stars twinkle.

his pupils are black holes; widening when enhanced, shrinking when in terror.

his teardrops are real.

those tears would be because of the loneliness space provides.

he looks around the world with uncertainty, isolated from his peers.

he looked at me like i was the sun; bright and beautiful. illuminating everyone around- spreading my warm to all who got near.

he was mistaken.

i am not the sun,

i am the moon.

i'd bring light to you in the darkness, only to be cast away when someone brighter shines.

im surrounded by cold cruelty, and yet i will still try my best to illuminate the brightest light for you- even if it's faint.

i am not hot tempered like the sun, i do not make a strong appearance. i am often taken for granted.

"we can't live without the sun"
oh, but you can't live without the moon either.

i am what helps you spin, i help you manage your time. i always help you.

but unlike the sun, you can look at me. you can pick out all the different shades on me. pointing out all the flaws. ill let you do that, you can observe me.

you'll get bored of me eventually.

so i fear the day he realizes i am not what he thinks of me. he'll look at me without those galaxy gazed eyes- but rather, looking at me like i am just stone.

for me, i find comfort in the darkness of the night. i stare at the moon- just admiring all its imperfections and cold beauty. i never get tired of it.

the moon cannot be captured by a regular camera. only a special lens can capture it's beauty.

isn't that wonderful? you enjoy the moments you have with it before it goes away- then you have the wait for it to come back.

who am i?

there isn't a name for people like me, but i like to call myself

moonchild

-the moon.

@moonchild.2244