Round 2: Results

Our judges have been busy reading through your scenes, all those with a ✅ next to them, congratulations you are through to the next round. Unfortunately if you find a ❌ by your name it means you will not be progressing any further in this contest.

 Unfortunately if you find a ❌ by your name it means you will not be progressing any further in this contest

NoAngelsWalking Myo
Your judge absolutely loved reading about Myo. It was really nice to see a little glimpse of her own  world and the story she comes from. The scene was very well written and looked as if it had been very nicely edited.

Valarie (@disneytsmtsm2)
Valarie was a good strong character. I liked the way she stood up to Mr Dev and that she wouldn't take any crap from him.

Carmen Willis (Im_hella_bored )
Full, explanatory. Definitely touches on the humour, but I felt there was more connection with the other characters than the process of making Mr. Dev laugh. Still a good scene though, just would have loved to read more into the execution of the plan of making Mr. Dev laugh.

Steven Douglas (WordWeaver2003 )
The character used all of the items that were given and managed to make a fun joke out of them. The author followed the prompt successfully which is a good thing

Winona Falconer (LaneyInRed )
I never wondered what was happening; it was very easy to read. I didn't spot any glaring mistakes. Nothing made me pause. I feel like I don't really know this character, she feels more like a reader-insert.

Kynder and laynejodi
The writing was straightforward with a clear start, middle, and end; the author also had the clear goal of comedy portrayed. For grammar and spelling, I didn't notice too many things out of place.

Adelia and orchidals
I enjoyed reading about them. They seemed like a really interesting character, so it made me a little curious about the story they're originally from. The author's style also pulls out a good amount of originality to them, portraying them in a better light.

Trent Matthews drewclue
I loved the scene, but I found it a little difficult to follow at parts. The way gs are laid out and described just kept messing with. There's also the fact that Dev speaks like a pirate and, while comical at the start, it didn't do much for the rest of the scene. The character was so funny! I loved it so much. The writing and style could use some work, but aside from that it was well written.

Yilli kadauhara99
The balance of narrative and dialogue was great. It was well written and kept my interest. Well edited as well. It was easy to read. The sentences and paragraphs well edited and written. They added a lot of grips and hooks leaving you wondering what would happen next that all pertained to the prompt.