Round 3: Results

Our judges have been busy reading through your scenes, all those with a ✅ next to them, congratulations you are through to the next round. Unfortunately if you find a ❌ by your name it means you will not be progressing any further in this contest.

 Unfortunately if you find a ❌ by your name it means you will not be progressing any further in this contest

Chaoticmocha Nora Poyntz
I really enjoyed getting to know Nora during this prompt. I felt we were given a nice glimpse into her world.

LaneyInRed Winona
It was great, unique, and creative! I loved it. The writing was well structured, and the pace was good.

laynejodi Kynder
To be honest i love the character, she is interesting and i would like to know more about her

lunamesic Nora Witko
This was very fun to read, and I enjoyed it a lot! There was a lot of interiority with the character and the scene was set well. It was overall just really easy and fun to read, with the exception of some odd sentences and the dialogue issue.

boringbrooke Maverick Hunt
The writer did a very good job of using some of the items given in the prompt, and the plot for this bit stuck to what they were supposed to write.

Im_hella_bored   Carmen Willis
I thought the author did a great job overrall! The structure of the story was great. She made it interesting by adding in thought bubbles. I also loved how she led us up the event of meeting the villain and providing clues of what was to come. It left me wanting to read more.

lastredhotswami Percival
A really interesting and well written scene, I look forward to seeing how Percival does in the next round     Well edited scene with no obvious grammatical errors    Percival is a strong and well rounded character. Stuck to the prompt well with no obvious errors.

kadauhara99 Yilli
You had me until the end.  I felt like the ending fell a little flat after all that action.   You managed to work in all of those crazy elements, but the strength of your character seemed to be diminished by their tears at the end. 

SLWoodsAuthor  Alton ❌

SLWoodsAuthor Alton

It's the style that I really had trouble, after the pacing. Sentence structure was awkward at parts, and didn't flow the best. I often felt I couldn't get behind the story or the character because of this.

disneytsmtsm2 Valerie
Between the two scenes that i have read this one had errors, i admit that the scene is good but the other one was 10 times better . Better luck next time ♡

WordWeaver2003 Steven Douglas
It was okay. I liked that it was about AC/DC as vampires, and I enjoy that there was some exposition given to the scene at the end; however, I think that it took place over too long of a period of time. It could be improved by adding an explanation as to why the band members left Steven alone while he was setting up the tent trap. The reason I picked the other scene assigned to me to go through is because this one felt hollow-- it just needs more emotion and character thought!

drewclue Trent Matthew

It was easy to read, there were puns, and the writer did a fantastic job with sticking to the prompt

orchidals Adelia Kiyoto
I loved her general writing style! I can tell she pays attention to putting little details in and descriptions to bring the scene to life, but there wasn't much life brought to the character and I felt like the plot dragged on more than it should

NoAngelsWalking Myo
You know your specific world well, but it leaves new readers in the lurch. The history and lore you've established for your characters is apparent, and although it is appreciated, it didn't seem to land.  Your writing skills are apparent, as well as the strength of your character.  Unfortunately, this scene wasn't quite up to snuff.

-KaylaWinchester Kan
It's okay.  It isn't the strongest scene that I have come across.  The character completes the actions necessary.  The prompt feels stretched to accommodate the character.  The present-tense writing technique seems...off as well.