Chapter 23

Its been two days since Yeji and her fought. Two days since they last exchanged any words between them.

Things have been good though. They ignore each other but she's somehow getting closer to the others. So she hasn't really felt lonely or left out.

She might even dare say that it's been fun.

Today is especially good because she woke up to a text from none other than her mother.

Ryujin doesn't get to see her parents often. They still live in the same town as they used to, refusing to move because their friends are there. Nowadays they're both retired and they don't live in the same house as they did through her childhood. Once she could, Ryujin bought them a nicer house.

She doesn't visit often. For various reasons.

First, they ask a lot of questions. Including about her love life and friendships. She has neither.

Second, they sometimes mention her past friendships. Including Yeji and Yeonjun. Who still calls her mother sometimes. Because no, she never said Yeonjun had hurt her. She couldn't do that to her own mother. He's like a son to her.

Third, she doesn't want them to know the truth. She's happy with her career but every other aspect of her life is shit at the moment. She doesn't need them to worry or think she's not doing well.

They're not stupid though, as Ryujin comes to find through the text conversation with her mother

"You look happy. It's weird." Lia teases, her voice making it clear she had just woken up. Eyes half closed while trying to look at her.

"Shut up." She playfully hits her, before getting out of bed.

Lia takes a moment but sits on the bed, looking at her with messy hair. "Maybe you should talk to her now that you're in a good mood."

"And ruin it? No, thank you." She moved to the closer, changing clothes before the cameras are on.

"You two are impossibly stubborn." She grunted, no doubt fighting the urge to go back to sleep and forcing herself to get out of bed.