Epilogue

It felt like a lifetime ago when Yeji had moved away from South Korea with her best friend, leaving her behind to heal her broken heart.

Today, Ryujin would be turning 35 years old and everything was different. Fifteen years had passed since and everything had changed. Themselves, their situation, their feelings, where they were in life.

Even her feelings towards Yeji had changed.

She hadn't stopped loving her, no. Ryujin doubts that could ever happen. But, things had changed.

Years ago, their love was but a sample of what it is now. Yet it withstood a terrible betrayal and abandonment that spanned years. Ryujin couldn't imagine then that she could ever love someone more than she loved Yeji. But now, she knows that their love only grew with time. Becoming much stronger and bigger than it had once been.

Loving each other was second nature to them these days. Even more so than it had been back then.

And when one felt particularly down, only able to give a small amount of that love and effort that day. The other would try extra hard and love harder to compensate for it.

Because no relationship is without arguments or bad days but if you put in the effort, if you understand that bad days will happen and you sometimes have to give a little more than you get, then you can make it work.

That's what she believes in. From her experience with Yeji.

And on a good day, which tended to be most days for them, they each gave the same amount of love they received.

"I don't know why you're acting this way. I already know they'll be waiting inside to surprise me." Ryujin chuckled as Yeji tried to dismiss her suspicion.

The girls always tried to surprise her on her birthday but after so many years, none of them really got surprised by having a surprise. It was more of a matter of what they'd be doing. That was the only surprise about it.

Yeji rolled her eyes while smiling, pressing her lips against her cheek softly as Ryujin tried to open the door.

"You're such a party pooper, Ryuddaeng."

She smiled, turning her head to kiss Yeji's lips softly before actually opening the door to their house.

They had moved in years before, having traded their apartments for a house they shared. It was the best decision Ryujin made because living with Yeji was a million times better than living alone.

The moment the door swung open, she saw their friends put up and yell at the top of their lungs, causing her to immediately smile.

"Happy birthday!"

Of course, they weren't surprised that Ryujin had seen it coming but that wasn't the point anyways. They just tried their best to always spend their birthdays together.

Her parents were there as well, as was Yeonjun and Yuna's boyfriend. Lia and Chaeryeong were being a gross couple as per usual and Yeji stuck by her side the entire time.

Ryujin loved every second of it.

These days they didn't get to see each other too often. ITZY had retired a year prior after just over nine years of activity. So these days they each did their own thing, separately. Although, they still kept in touch and met up as often as possible. Never failing to share the special days of their lives together.

Yeonjun was busy running all of his parents' businesses and companies. So they rarely saw each other at all. Yet, they tried to keep each other updated on their lives through texts and calls. That's how he had informed her that he met someone. Ryujin was happy for him. Truly. He deserved to have love in his life. Real love, not something orchestrated by his parents.