Chapter 28

Nothing changed, though.

Despite the apology.

Nothing seemed to change.

Ryujin didn't know what to say nor what to do. Yeji seemed to not do anything.

Despite the apology, she hadn't forgiven Yeji. After everything, a simple sorry wouldn't cut it. She needed to try harder if she ever wanted her forgiveness. Not that Ryujin thought that had been her goal. It was likely her repayment for letting her join her that morning.

To be completely honest, she wasn't even sure if she would be able to forgive her. Ever.

But in any case, she needed a better apology.

So, no. She hadn't stopped avoiding Yeji.

And the other woman hadn't talked to her either.

All day long, she had joked and laughed with the other girls. Yeji had done the same. But they never really shared words. Not directly. Sometimes Ryujin would tell a joke and everyone, including Yeji, would laugh. Sometimes it was the other way around. But no words were exchanged through the entire day.

 But no words were exchanged through the entire day

"Are you two ever going to talk? People keep pointing it out

"Are you two ever going to talk? People keep pointing it out. If you don't start communicating, someone is going to figure it out."

"I doubt they'll figure out that we dated and she cheated."

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes.

"Maybe they won't find out all of that but they will know you two hate each other."

"You sound like my agent."

Ryujin sighed, turning in bed to face her friend.

Yes, friend.

She didn't wanna give that much thought though.

"I know I should talk to her but, I feel sick whenever I have to pretend everything is okay."

"Didn't she apologize?"

Ryujin raised an eyebrow at her.

"We weren't being nosy. Okay, maybe a little. We noticed you two were together in the dance room and got curious. Then you came out and started talking, so we hid and accidentally heard Yeji apologize to you."

She wasn't mad at them. They weren't the ones on her mind in that moment.

"She did." Ryujin sighed. "What she did-"

"I need more than a simple sorry. I need to know why. And what exactly happened. And even after, I don't know if I'll be able to forgive her."

"Lia told me there was more to it than we thought."

She hummed.

"She didn't say what it was but, if you don't think she deserves your forgiveness then don't give it to her."

Her eyes widened slightly, she hadn't expected that response.

"Don't get me wrong, I love Yeji. Her and I have been friends since the first day of high school. We have been through a lot together. But, if she hurt you that badly, you don't have to forgive it. Even the best of people can make mistakes. And as much as I love Yeji, I know she isn't perfect."

"Thank you, Chae." Was all she could say to that. It was nice, having someone validate her anger. Knowing that maybe it was okay that she wouldn't be able to forgive.

"Anytime, Abu."

"I really missed you girls."

"We did too." She was speaking softly, a tone all too familiar for her. Chaeryeong always spoke in such a way. It was calming. "It hurt when you left. When you two left us. I remember having to cheer up Yuna because she wouldn't stop sobbing. And I had to stop myself from doing the same. Then Lia would try to be strong too and would end up joining Yuna. It was messy. But Yeji was still talking to us, so that was easier. You, however, weren't. I remember wondering where you were, what you were doing, if you were okay..."

Chaeryeong seemed to clean the tears forming in her eyes before continuing.

"But we know you had made that decision for your own wellbeing."

"I thought you hated me for it. For the longest time, I felt terrible about having left and push you girls out of my life."

"We were hurting but we understood. So we never hated you. We had always thought one day you'd come back but-"

"I didn't." She finished the other's sentence, feeling terrible about the whole thing.

"I suppose life finds a way, if we are here now."

"I suppose the universe might be trying to fix my life for me."

"Maybe that's why Yeji became your manager."

"Maybe the universe wanted to throw a curve ball. Not everything can be good."

"Maybe." Chaeryeong turned around, her back now in her direction. "Or maybe not."

Ryujin hummed, turning again. Closing her eyes and attempting to sleep.

Maybe she should at least talk to Yeji. So any and all rumors would come to an end. She didn't need the public to catch up to the truth.

'I really do hate this.'

(Author's note: this is a bit of a filler chapter sorry I was kinda stuck trying to figure out what chapter to do next)