Chapter 39

She really didn't want to do this. But asking Yeji wasn't a possibility. She wouldn't be able to. Out of anger and maybe out of fear.

Not that Yeji would answer such a question. She would likely avoid that question just like she kept avoiding all others.

So she turned to the one other person who could know the truth.

Ryujin was left staring at the conversation

For the millionth time since she had found out about him and Yeji, she cursed them out.

'A warning?'

'Fuck him.'

'Stay away?'

'Fuck that.'

Stubborn was a word people would often use to describe her and it fit perfectly.

Ryujin wasn't thinking in that moment. Maybe she should weight the pros and cons of her decisions but she had always been heavily motivated by emotions and a lack of impulse control.

They had changed roommates as there was only less than two weeks left inside the house. This time, Yeji was roommates with Chaeryeong. While she was roommates with Yuna

Entering the bedroom, she saw both girls staring back at her.

"Chaeryeong, leave."

It wasn't a request.

The girl seemed slightly taken back but still did as she asked.

"What are you doing?" Yeji questioned, looking both surprised and confused.

"I need something."

"What?"

Ryujin walked up to her, until she was standing right in front of the taller woman.

"I need you to answer one question." She sighed, this would likely not work. "Can you do that?"

Yeji was silently looking at her.

"Just one question. Please."

She nodded.

"Are you going to marry him?"

Yeji was clearly taken back, certainly having not expected such question. After all, she hadn't told any of them. The only reason why they knew, was because Lia's mother was nosy.

"Don't lie."

Her words carried a lot more weight than expected. She's sure Yeji could tell what that meant.

Ryujin was giving her a chance to be honest. To show her that she wasn't as bad as she had thought. That Yeji, somewhere deep down and through all her mistakes, wasn't completely shitty.

"Yes."

It was a whisper. Barely audible. Yet it hit her hard.

She shouldn't feel that way.

She didn't have a right to feel that way.

They only dated for around two years.

Yeji and him had dated for four.

But it hurt.

Despite how much she hated Yeji.

Despite all the hurting the other had caused her.

Despite the hiding, lying and backstabbing.

She hated Hwang Yeji. But she also loved her.

That was the hardest part to admit. To herself.

That she hated the other for everything she had done wrong. And loved her for all the good things.

And now Yeji was getting married.

"Why?"

"You said one question."

Her expression hardened. Yeji loved to make her life difficult and it was so frustrating.

"What did he mean with stay away?"

Yeji seemed to not know what she was talking about.

Then again, she had proved to be a good actress.

"Right." Ryujin clicked her tongue.

"I bought you a month."

"What?"

"The contract. I bought you a month."

"Ryujin."

She walked out of the bedroom.