Chapter 48

(Author's note: violence trigger warning but it's not too graphic so...)

Ryujin felt conflicted to say the least.

Finally everything was clear, all that had been on her mind for years had been explained. All the questions answered. Everything made sense in that moment. It was as if the weight of the world had been lifted off her shoulders.

Yet she felt terrible. Because Ryujin had made a terrible mistake. Granted, it had been a justified mistake. But it was still making her feel bad about it. Yeji had never meant to betray her. Yet for years, her heart had been filled with hatred, while Yeji suffered in silence. She hadn't been the only one suffering and it pained her.

Ryujin knew her. She knew how good the other woman was. How could she have been fooled into believing she was such a bad person? How could she have hated her so much?

But it wasn't too late. Sure, they wasted years of their lives being far apart and on bad terms. But now that she knew the truth, Ryujin was never going to let go of Yeji.

In whatever capacity that might be.

Yeonjun told her that Yeji had gone to talk to her parents, after telling him she wanted to inform them they'd be divorcing and would be saying goodbye to them. Surely, she would be heartbroken afterwards. The Hwangs were not kind people and forgiveness was not in their vocabulary.

Yeji was about to go against her parents and get herself disowned.

This information was almost as shocking as everything she had been learning about the reality around her.

Yeji just wouldn't stop surprising her.

But would she be okay?

Ryujin was worried. Her heart was both anxious about Yeji's consequences over her actions, and warm over how selfless and strong she had been.

Yeji married Yeonjun so he wouldn't lose everything. In reality, she didn't win anything with it. Only pain and being able to protect Ryujin, her family and Yeonjun.

'Hwang Yeji, you beautiful human being.'

Once she entered her car, she pulled out her phone and texted the ITZY girls. She's not sure if Yeji had informed them but judging by how they hadn't talked to Ryujin yet, she assumed not.

 She's not sure if Yeji had informed them but judging by how they hadn't talked to Ryujin yet, she assumed not