Chapter 37

(Author's note: is this a... Yeji pov?! Surprise )

Yeji's POV

As soon as she slammed the door shut, Yeji broke down. Falling to the ground, her back against the front door, her arms shakily holding her legs against her body.

Yeji doesn't know how long she was like that for. Too long, that she knows. Because once she moved, her body felt limp from having stayed in the same position for too long.

She didn't leave her apartment for days. A week, maybe? She isn't entirely sure, actually. Her phone during that time had been pinging too often until it eventually died but she didn't care. Sometimes her friends would knock on the door, Yeji never opened it.

The world outside kept moving, kept working as it always had.

But Yeji's world fell still.

The apartment felt cold and empty without Ryujin. Despite the fact the only things missing were her and her clothing.

Those days, she barely fed herself. Barely slept.

She looked dead.

Yeji is sure that if she went outside like that, people would mistake her for a junkie that was nearing death.

Her dark circles had never been bigger, her skin looked far paler than usual, her eyes were lifeless.

'I deserve it.' She thought to herself, facing the mirror in her bathroom.

There was a knock on her door, this time she knew who it was.

The only person who understood. The only one she had talked to since.

She made her way to the door. It would be the first time she would see another person since Ryujin walked out of their apartment.

Scratch that.

Her apartment.

Opening it, she watched as the other walked inside, looking around.

"So this is where you live?"

Yeji could only bring herself to hum. Closing the door to the apartment.

She didn't say a word, walking up to them and wrapping her arms around their body.

"We're in this together, Yeji. Despite how messy it got."

He hugged her back.

In that moment, she was happy Yeonjun was there.

"Thank you."

Yeonjun suddenly let go of her, taking a backpack from his back.

"Game night?"

It didn't seem like a suggestion. Which, she was thankful for. Otherwise she would say no.

She needed that. Someone to take charge and cheer her up against her will.

That wasn't the first day she left her apartment since the break up

But Yeonjun kept showing up and eventually he managed to get her outside.

When she thanked him, he smiled.

"Always, babe."

That was the first time he called her that.

Yeji didn't object.