Chapter-18

Priya was buying flowers and diya from nearest vendor. She didn't noticed few manner less roadside loafers were passing comments on her.She turned hearing some painful shrieks and grunts. Arjun, who was tailing her and requesting her to forgive her, was not with her now. He was busy with his kickboxing, punching session with those idiotic guys.

"Dare you look at my sister with such dirty look; I will pluck out your eyes, Morons." Arjunroared furiously while gave a straight punch which landed on his eye area.

Ahhhh...only god knew if those idiots could see further in life or not.

One of them tried to ran away too, but Arjun kicked his leg so hardly and he fell down right there kissing the ground that he was not able to stand again and started to beg in his bruised half fractured body, "Brother, please leave us. We promise, never look at any woman with such looks. We won't raise our looks even. Not even on our wives."

"Bastard, you still dare to say such." He gave another hard kick, which made them fall on each other.

Those three People might be embraced by death God that day, if Priya would not intervened. She was all in her jovial mood cheered Arjun to kill those. Only when people gave her weird look and seeing the poor condition of guys who seemed to learnt their lesson, she stopped Arjun.

Priya eyes didn't stop it's moisture even though she tried too. She could transpire to those childhoods when the same situation happened in orphanage.

When Arjun was eight years old, just before his adoption by Nandini, Priya was centre of Arjun's world; as not only a sister but also a motherly figure also. At that time, orphanage assigned to look after those little farming and gardening. Upon her duty, few other elder boys of orphanage used to bully her. That day too Priya was feeling nettled due to constant meddle in her work by those boys. A verbal argument unleashed in between then later led into physical damage. Arjun was always over possessive about Priya, until Nandini changed that possessiveness for her. When eight-year kid Arjun saw, few boys bullying his sister; he did same that he did today.

Priya came out of her reverie feeling a hand wiping her tears. She didn't know she was crying even.

"Don't shed your precious tears for a demon like me, di. You were and are always right.It was always me who created problem, you took care of it. Our father was right, I am a Satan incarnation. Because of me our mother died. Because of me, father drowned himself in alcohol and passed away. Because of me, you had to leave your motherland, faced hardships in tender age. Still I am that selfish bastard who wanted his sister back again." Arjun stated with brazenness while fixing his gaze on ground.

Priya looked at him and then ground, saw his tears fell on ground. Though she was not with him all the time, but she knew him so well. She knew he was not a kind who would cry, instead made others cry. He was arrogant, possessive and hard to please; but amidst he was warm and soft toward his loved one. She was surprised, that he still had those childhood traits in him. She chuckled on the fact how simple he was. Anyone can read him easily and Nandini took advantage of that very wisely. He couldn't adopt other things easily.

"One thing, you should remember that you are not a bastard." Priya said as calmly as possible which made him look up.

Arjun smiled gleefully hearing her. Somehow, in his mind he knew his sister wasn't in denial mode anymore.

"Don't smile like that. You are looking like stupid." She added which only made him smile more wide. Because his sister was talking with him normally after long time.