Chapter 22

At Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport

Standing outside entrance of the airport, Sourav was giving few instructions to Radhika who was nodding like an obedient child. He smiled in her innocence and caressed her face affectionately.

"Do you think I am doing wrong to send you back without giving you any reason?" He asked apprehensively.

"Did I question you?"

"No. Still."

"I trust you more than myself."

Sourav took her in his embrace protectively. She never let him down and he wouldn't let anyone to trash her happiness. He felt proud for the faith she had in him. Even in times, his fiancée and Rajiv countered back him; but she never questioned. That thing made him more protective about her.

Patting her cheek dearly, he wished her a safe journey, "Go. It's time now."

"I will call you, once I reached."

"Goes without saying." He chuckled.

He stood their till she passes security check in and looked at her lean figure until she got disappeared with crowd.Looking at his latest model Royal Roger Dubuis Excalibur, he noted it was two past fifteen minutes already, in night.

Leaning on his car bonnet, still outside of the airport he dialled a number, after fighting with his inner conscience. Call was picked surprisingly in two ring, "I want all of your employees who involved in project from The Pearl, sharp at nine AM."

"Is anything serious, Mr. Singhania?" Samrat instantly got up and walked toward the balcony.

"Let's see, later."

Sourav ignited engine of his car, while last afternoon events flashed back to him.

He was coming out of his meeting where he cracked another deal and was about to call his family, when an official email from Oslo made him startled. It was from board of directors audit team. Audit only happened abruptly, when there was some discrepancy regarding project occurred, but as long he knew, he always encouraged for the transparency in work. His ethics were hard and so as morals.

When he called head office to know the reason behind this sudden visit, they sent some attachment to him and reasoned their doubt regarding their account might be hand over to wrong hand due to personal favouritism and affair. They stopped and told him to check the attachment.

His whole existence got enraged because of the false allegations and accusations they were throwing toward his little girl.That time it's about her dignity. If he wanted, he had those powers to dissolve the audit unit anytime; but that only confirm the false accusations. He had better plans to counter back.

At Bird song, almost everyone was present even it's still half an hour left to be nine O'clock. Samrat and Piyali looked worried. Teji was still yawning getting a pinch from Zubin who sat next to him. Teji gave a narrow eye to him in return Zubin poked his tongue out only earning low laugh from Kritika. Piyali turned to them with a glare and they all straightened and back to their work.

"Paa, what happened?"Samaira came running as she had to rushed office from airport directly with Priya, as they were returned from Hrishikesh right in the morning.

Samrat just shrugged and shook his head. Then they heard pissed off voice of Rajiv who was cursing his phone as if the object had ears to take whatever he was blabbing. Neil was tailing behind him, trying to calm him, "Chill yaar. She must be busy and forget to switch on her phone."