Chapter 23

Not an evening would be more pleasant for Arjun Mehera than the evening he was enjoying right then. He and his sister was busy making few dishes to entertain the guests at home, whom he always envied. Still he peeked from kitchen to living room in between resulting slap on his head from Priya. He was extremely joyful that his sister was with him in his home, yes finally home. A little kitty party for friends for winning the contract again, ethically.

'I am just amazed at the talent of Mr. Singhania. If he already had a back up plan, why he needed me to do it?' Arjun asked his sister, note the sarcasm, while slicing carrot for salad. In between he ate few by himself and fed his sister too who was making halwa looking intently at YouTube.

'He wanted to test you.' Came Priya's short answer.

'Test me? But why?' He was more than astonished because he clearly remembered he didn't do any foul business this time.

'You claimed you loved Radhika but how much, he wanted to see that. He is extremely protective about her and Rajiv.'

'ooh...then he shouldn't have spare Bonnie from the web I created.' Arjun said running his knife on onion now, literally murdering the poor vegetable.

'Sourav was always right. No matter anything, you shouldn't butcher a girls character, even of it's a prostitute she too has her own dignity.' Priya replied thoughtful while adding few dry fruits on halwa.

'But she tried to do same with my girl, how can I leave her?'

'Tit for tat is best policy. However not always. Learn this Arjun, if you did same; what would be the difference between Bonnie and you.' Priya replied like a mother teaching her child.

As already the dishevelled Bonnie found in compromised situation at a known hotel room, thought as something else business she had been engaged with only for money. Chirag fled away after betraying the agency for he was working with, only to be caught later by police for involvement with drugs dealing. The bag, which he was carrying so dearly thinking that, was filled with money, actually held cocaine packets and few poppies flowers. The news was circulating like fire through all media beating the top most viral news.

Trying to butcher Radhika's character and Arjun thought it would be best to gave them a taste of their own medicine.

Arjun was starting at his sister in trance, blinked his eyes in disbelief and his lips curved as big it could get, 'where have you been all my life? I would be a diamond now if I live with you from beginning. But my misfortune, I wasn't.'

Priya noticed Arjun's demeanour was downcasted and his attitude was all unpretentious childlike which was completely opposite of his dominating aura. He truly regretted whatever happened in past especially with Priya and Radhika.

Priya enclosed her little brother in her sweet embrace from side while ruffling his hair knowingly, that deed made Arjun irked out of nowhere anytime and any moment. And it worked.

'Di, don't do that.'

'I will see if you react same if Radhika will do such.' Priya teased with a straight face suppressing her laughter to whichArjun gave a sheepish grin.

'Can we get our share of food by this night only or you will take it to tomorrow?' Rajiv asked rubbing his eyes and yawning loudly looking at watch.

'Are you making fun of us?' Priya retorted.

'I have no such dare to do that.' Noted sarcasm dripped from Rajiv's tone as he was watching from afternoon those siblings were making food and not finished even if it was already past nine O' clock.