Kouha

Y/n was unusual. Everyone in the village knew that. She was silent and swift, usually gone in the blink of an eye. Some say she was blessed by the gods, others said she was cursed from the darkest night creatures in existence. But one thing was for sure. She was peculiar and caught the eye of everyone.

Kouha walked by with his hands behind his head, whistling. The sky was clear and the breeze was light. They had only paused because the horses needed a rest. Whirling around, he rested a hand on his hilt. Something just told him to keep an eye out.

Y/n sprinted through the forest, a dozen men after her. Slave traders.

" Grab the girl! She'll definitely fetch a high price!"

Y/n smirked wickedly.
" Filthy pigs. They deserve to die."

Pausing, she turned around and gave a mad grin.
Thrusting her arm out, two blades embedded themselves in there throats.
Ripping her daggers free, she danced from one opponent to another, blood coating her tunic and strangled screams escaping there lips. Sheathing her daggers, she whirled around in surprise.
Blinking, she cautiously stepped back.

Kouha stared at the blood splattered carelessly against her top. Gazing around, he scrunched his nose at the bodies littered around, half still alive, but were gonna die anyways.
Spying the girl, he tipped his head in amusement.

" So you got to them before I did, huh?"

Y/n playfully poked her tongue out.

" My bad, though they had it coming anyways."

" Surely you know who I am?"
The strange boy said.

Y/n raised a brow.
" Sorry Mister. But you don't ring a bell, and I remember all the pretty faces I've seen."

Kouha chuckled in delight.
This girl was a challenge and a  mystery.
He extended a hand.
" I'm Kouha. Third Prince of the Kou Empire."

Y/n clasped his hand and shook it.
" Well, Kouha. It's nice to meet you. "

He tightened his grip and gave a pleasant smile.
" Don't bother with the formalities, love."

Y/n tightened her grip in challenge.
" Don't mind me then. Though I can assure you, I definitely won't forget a face like yours."

Kouha grinned in excitement.
" You're face is one of a kind as well. "

" Y/n."

" It was lovely meeting you Y/n, but alas, I need to go. "

He gently pressed a light kiss to her hand and let go.
Y/n tugged on his sleeve and pulled him close.
Leaning upwards, she gently pecked his cheek and bowed mockingly.

" Til we meet again, Kouha."

When he returned back to his carriage, everyone noticed his change of attitude. After returning to the Empire, he mentioned what happened to Kougyoku, who, to her credit, didn't scream or squeal. She merely pestered him for all the details. He almost debated throwing himself off the balcony, or better yet, shoving her over. Kougyoku caught his heavy hints and excused herself quickly after.
Sprawled on his bed, he wondered what the chances of meeting Y/n were.
Frankly, they didn't seem very high.

Months later, a young girl was invited to the Empire. Kouha heard that she was going to be training Kougyoku with her djinn equip, as her brothers were usually busy when ever she asked.
Walking over to his siblings, he waited with them to welcome her.

Y/n landed before them in the hall, her every movement feigning grace and ease.

" Welcome, Lady Y/n, to the Kou Empire."