Kouha

At the time being right now, Kouha is 9 year old, you're both the same age

"Kouha! As the 3rd Prince of  the Kou Empire, you could get in serious trouble for this!"
The prince merely looked back and smiled brightly.
Y/n continued.
" Your majesty, doing this for a mere maid will also send a bad rep for someone of your status. Please don't be rash over a low ranked maid."
Kouha paused and pecked  her cheek.
" If it's for you, he whispered, if it's worth seeing you smile, then I'll do anything. Anything at all. "
She sadly smiled.
" Prince Kouha, please don't be silly. I'm very grateful, but you don't need to worry yourself about me."
He pulled back and grinned.
" Too late. Let's go on a adventure!"

"Prince Kouha, you are getting a new maid. I will not have a low ranked girl filling your head with selfish thoughts. "
Gyokuen curled her lip.
" That is all. You are dismissed."
Kouha gritted his jaw and strode off to the maids wing. Knocking twice, the door opened to reveal Y/n with her belongings.
Pulling her into a hug, he apologized profusely.
Y/n patted his back and murmured her forgiveness, then she pulled back.
" One day, she whispered, one day, I'll come back. And we'll go on all these fun adventures together. I promise. "
Kouha pulled his pinky out.
" Promise?"
Y/n gently linked pinkies and locked them.
" I promise. When were big and strong, no one will get in our way. Until then, wait for me. "
Kouha smiled softly.
" I will, I swear. You too k? Wait til I get strong enough to protect you. Then nothing can separate us. "
They hugged one last time, and waved to each other until neither could see each other from the distance now separating them.
Y/n swallowed and smiled.
" I will return Kouha, just you wait!"

8 years later

" Prince Kouha! Your brothers Prince Kouen and Prince Koumei have requested your presence in the library. You have 5 minutes."
Kouha looked up and smiled charmingly.
" Of course, thank you for informing me Keila. "
The maid blushed and averted her gaze.
" A-anything for you Prince Kouha. "
He pouted.
" Don't worry about the formalities. We've known each other for a long time now, you don't have to address me so formally."
Keila bowed.
" I must Master Kouha. I am nothing but a mere maid who serves you. "
The pinkette blinked for a moment.

" Please don't be rash over a low ranked maid."

Her voice faded and all Kouha could feel was a hollow cave in his chest that made his blood run cold.
Keila raised a brow.
" Prince Kouha?"
Silence. Then he gave a weak smile.
" Your dismissed. You may have the rest of the day off. Thank you."
He left, passing her without another glance.

"It's been 8 years Y/n. I hope you haven't forgotten our promise."

From a distance, a lone figure stood, hair blowing in the wind. Eyes narrowing, they gave a slight smile.
" Are you still waiting Kouha?"
Everything was still the same.
The gates, the uniform. Even the weather.
Dark and gloomy.
From above, Judar narrowed his eyes at the cloaked figure.
Tipping his head, he scoffed.
" Don't tell me. She's back? If I were her, I'd have fled this place and never returned.
But you seem to have other plans, don't you Y/n?"

" I'm back Kouha."

To be continued...