Arc {2:4} Xander Louis Scott

Arc {2:4}- His Anxiety

Cerila was pasted on the wall, she had been dragged into a hotel suite by Xander earlier. She had to praise him for getting a room so fast, but in the end, she got pinned on the wall.

"You are quite weird today, my dear Secretary."

His cold and sultry voice sent shivers down through her spine, she wants to retaliate.

"I've learned my lesson, Sir."

Xander raised his eyebrow in amusement, and smirked.

"Oh and what is that?"

She literally wanted to push him away together with his cockiness, she never knew he had a side like this.

"I realized that I want to avoid you!"

She exclaimed in delight as if she made a very wonderful idea, this was the thing that kept bothering Cerila. It's about how badly she wanted to avoid him, the one who'll cause her death.

"What-"

"Now let us go change your clothes and talk about breaking the engagement!"

She arrogantly cut him off, not wanting him to utter sexy words that could furthermore change her decision.

"Did you really think I would agree to that?"

The room was suddenly enveloped in a dark aura, Cerila knew he was angry but what was he angry about?

As far as she knew, Xander is a Mafia man who wouldn't want to put his nose in trivial things unless it brings him benefit. By agreeing on her terms, he can freely pursue the white lotused Female Lead afterwards. Isn't she doing him so many favors!

"Listen Sir Scott, I have been pursuing you for years and yet you still hadn't respond to my chasing. You shouldn't make me hope for something that won't come true! In the end, I'll be the one suffering. I wouldn't want to waste my youth on pursuing you, but it seems that women around you seem to bully me as well! I realized that I should avoid you to avoid them!"

She realized that the man kept staring at her intensely, it seems that he was more focused on staring at her. It gave her the advantage to push him slightly.

"Don't move."

Upon moving him away from her, she was engulfed in a warm embrace.

"What are you doing!? Let go!"

She felt petrified, as she sensed the familiar feeling in a certain someone's embrace too.
Cerila was shocked at his behavior, he was too different. Too much weird, very far from his supposed to be role in the plot.

He should not embrace her, he should hug the Female lead instead!

"Did you hear me? I said let go, I've had enough of this tactless conversation."

She gritted her teeth, she was a bit annoyed of his action.

"Don't you love me? Keep chasing me, I beg to differ your opinion of avoiding me. I will learn how to love you back little by little."

Cerila could not believe his words, was she hallucinating? But his words weren't still enough to convince her.

"I can't. And I won't. Ever. Again."

She emphasized each of her words. And each word, seemed to precisely pierced through Xander's heart.

Xander did not know why, but from the very beginning, he didn't took notice of this beautiful lady chasing him everyday of his life.

In fact, he was too busy to notice. He didn't even know he had a fiancee until his parents brought it up. Xander already was heartless from the beginning, after being dragged in the underworld. Nothing could enter his vision anymore, not love, and not even his parents.

Until his parents managed to make him meet his fiancee, he was sure that he would not have met her if his parents still hadn't persuaded him.

Xander initially thought that his fiance's bodyguard was more interesting than her and that's why he paid more attention to his fiancee ever since then.

Because of being saved by her in a certain incident, it made him feel indebted but not so much. After all, he can save his own without the help of someone. But because the brave lady dared to step out and defend him, it made his ego a bit bruised.

But then again, Cerila had undergone some changes the moment he entered her office. She was originally rumoured to be a proud and arrogant woman who has her office desk very messy, after personally seeing her office, it was quite different from the rumours.

Her actions were proven when he saw her earlier upon attending today's meeting, an inexplicable feeling went to trouble his heart.

He wasn't familiar with her nor met her many times before, but what was the familiar feeling he had been experiencing right now?

That he needed to talk to her, needed to console her, or mainly to hind her to him. He didn't know why he had this desire, it was haunting his whole soul.

But when she told him that she didn't want to chase him anymore like the past, it made him feel anxious. It gave him fright. He, who killed and murdered numerous sinners felt scared and nervous for the first time.

He then realized that he did not want to lose her, so he took an action. Taking advantage of her position as his secretary and confronting her, but before he could say something, she beat him into saying that she will stop chasing him anymore.

A/N's pov:

My Gosh!😱 I actually can't believe that my book has reached a total of 1k views! I'm so happy that I want to go outside and be caught by the patrollers lol😂

I'm also happy that many people are adding my book into their reading lists, thank you! Thank you for the other's comments as well! I appreciate your comments, it keeps me updated from your reactions hahaha