A New Area

01/17/2015
I was sitting on my bed, trying to do my homework, it was so hard and I did not understand anything of this gibberish. So I just sight and laid on my bed.

"You're so overdramatic."

Shawn was standing in front of me, with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Your parents invited mine for dinner. And I'm bored."

He sat next to me and I closed my eyes.

"So you just thought it would be so much fun to annoy Camila because she's so dumb and goofy."

"Exactly."

I looked at him but said nothing. I was so tired to push him back and fight him all the time so one day I just figured that if he wanted to piss me off then so it will be. That's not like I could push him away from my life he's like family for my mom and my dad.

"What are you up to?"

"Maths."

Shawn took my notebook, frowned a little bit then wrote on it for about five minutes. When I took it back, he made my exercise and it seemed correct. I shook my head. He had always been the best at maths. Well, Maths, science, biology, physics... He was definitely a wizard at maths.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

I put back my notebook and looked at him. He seemed lost in his thoughts.

“What's wrong?" I asked knowing him too well.

- We only have one month left-back to choose our university.

I sneered and laid again on my bed. He laid next to me. It kinda became a habit to lay on the bed together and talk, I didn't really know how we were okay with this and actually comfortable with talking about personal stuff but it was the way things were. And well, actually having conversations with him without fighting was not that bad. I wouldn't make the effort all the time though.

"I know you've already applied for Yale, Columbia, Brown, and Harvard. What's the problem?"

"What if they don't choose me?"

I rolled my eyes and moved my head to look at him.

"You're the most brilliant student of the high-school in the matter of science classes."

"But that's not the same thing for the other classes."

"Who cares Shawn, you didn't apply for English literature, you applied for medicine."

He nodded and there was a silence filled by the laughs we could hear coming from downstairs.

"What about you?"

"I don't know yet."

"But you're obsessed by Juilliard."

"I'm lost."

He sighed and we stayed like that for 15 minutes before my mom called us to come eating.

06/15/2015

So I was just in front of my house, my hands in my pockets. Shawn was next to me and he sighed for the god knows how much time.

" I'm sure this is today."

" You said that yesterday and the other day before Shawn. " I groaned at him.

I ended to sit on the floor.

" What if they lost our letters?" I asked him.

" Don't be silly... Actually, you are so how could I blame you for that."