Cinderella Part 1

11/10/2015

" Why did they have to put cheese in this salad?" It's the stupidest thing ever! "

I rolled my eyes and glanced at Ariana.

" It's a Ceasar salad Ari, cheese is one of the main ingredients. "

She groaned and I chuckled with Hailey and Jake.

" Why are you even eating healthy anyway? Since the beginning of school I've never seen you eat something green." Jake said.

She dramatically sighed and picked something from her bag. It was a handout.

" They're auditioning this week to find the perfect actors for this play a professor of Juilliard is directing. And I don't want to look fat."

" First of all, you're not fat, and secondly, I thought you were majoring in music, why do you care about this?"

She looked at Hailey like she was dumb and showed her with her finger the handout.

" It's a musical dummy, they need singers. I want to audition for one of the step-sisters, I always wanted to play a villain. "

I frowned and read the title of the musical. Cinderella. Well, it's a good choice. I always liked this Disney.

" You're too cute to be a villain Ari. " Jake said with a shy smile.

I glanced at him and bit my lips. These two were totally denying their feelings and it was pretty entertaining to watch. I took another bite of my burger.

" Am I the only what who's shooked than an Italian hates cheese? " I said making them laugh.

11/13/2015

" You're perfect Ari, stop putting makeup on!"

She glanced at me with a nervous look and I moved closer to her. We were in an empty room and her audition for the musical was in 20 minutes.

" Don't freak out like that, there's nor reason they don't pick you, you have an amazing voice! "

I put my hand on her shoulder and gave her a comforting smile.

" Okay let's go now, you told me you have to be there early."

She nodded and I kept my arm around her shoulder, both of us making our way to the theater. Hailey was in front of the door with a milkshake. She brightly smiled and handed the drink to Ariana.

" Thanks Hailey, but drinking something that is not water before singing isn't good for the voice."

" Well, I'll have it!"

I grabbed the plastic glass and stepped into the large room. I looked around me, analyzing the scene. It was the first I was in the theater actually, people who were majoring in drama class like Hailey spent most of their time here but us, musician, we had an auditorium.
There weren't many people, just a bunch of adults sitting on the first row, and some young people on the scene. They seemed to review their songs and their lines.

"I'm going to join them!" Ariana said pointing the stage.

Hailey and I nodded and went to sit not too far from the exit. I didn't know if we really were allowed to watch those auditions so it was better to be discreet. I kept drinking the milkshake and glanced at Hailey who was scrolling on Instagram.

" I still don't know how to use this app."

She chuckled.

" Well you better work on it, because it's really becoming popular."