Not Really Friends

01/03/2016

The wind made me shiver and I put my arms around my thick coat to keep me warm. New York was great, but I absolutely hated the weather here. Well, standing on the roof of my building definitely made things worse but Shawn was apparently here, and I needed him for something. Ever since Christmas, he was acting weird and was pretty distant with me. I mean, I got why he was like that, but I had no clue why it was bothering me so much to not have him around anymore to piss me off when he had the chance. I actually had seen him from afar when I was heading home, I had seen his silhouette sitting on the edge of the roof. So I just didn't really think about it and had rushed to join him.

" You know I heard you right? You're not particularly discreet."

I sighed and came to sit near him, like my roommate I never had vertigo. I stared at him and noticed something I didn't see before. He was smoking. And by the scent, I could tell it was not tabaco.

" Little strange for a doctor-to-be to smoke weed, don't you think?"

He chuckled and gave me a quick look.

" Well, it helps me relax and weed isn't that bad for the body you know."

I silently nodded and looked at the view.

" You want some?"

" No, I'm not into this kind of stuff. "

It was awkward. Really awkward.

" So why you're here?"

I picked the notebook from my backpack and handed it to him.

" I actually need someone to help me rehearse my scenes for Cinderella. We only have one week left before the premiere. "

Shawn tilted his head to look at me and smirked. He grabbed the notebook and put it near him.

" Like I was the only one to be able to help you. Seriously what do you want?"

I groaned and looked away. I literally didn't plan this, this whole situation was completely out of my control and I hated this.

" I'm not the one who's acting weird here."

" What do you mean?"

" You know what I mean Shawn. "

I finally glanced at him and could see his frustrated look. He ran his hand in his hair and sighed.

" No, I don't."

" So you're telling me that you've spent this whole week avoiding to be around me and you haven't any problem? "

I raised a brow and this time, I literally locked my eyes with his. It felt like a confrontation.

" I'm busy."

" You're always busy. Come on, I know I kinda screw things up between us with this-"

" What the hell is "us" Camila? What are we now? Enemies? Friends? Strangers? "

I broke the contact and looked again at the view.

" We're definitely not strangers."

" I just don't get you. One time you're a bitch with me and the other you're acting like a friend."

I sneered and moved my legs in the air.

" You're doing exactly the same thing with me."

I heard him sigh again.

" This conversation is awkward and we don't need it. "

" Well I totally agree with you but it seems like we have to clarify things to get back to normal."