𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 2 (EDITED!)

Hey guys, this is the second story in my book, hope you enjoy! This one might be on the shorter side :)

"𝐼𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝒦𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓎 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓁𝒹."

Kasey's POV

I woke up with a jolt, completely disoriented. "Ugh... what's happening?" I groggily asked. My mom chuckled, and said "You fell asleep on the freeway! We're almost at your teacher's house... around 10 minutes away now!" I finally started coming to my senses and realized that it was Sunday, and on Sundays I have a private lesson with my violin teacher! My violin teacher is the amazing person ever- she graduated from Julliard with a master's degree in violin performance, and is the concertmaster of a prestigious orchestra where I live. She teaches me a lot of things, and also plays piano, so we play duets sometimes. 

(Timeskip to 5 minutes later)

Finally! I was sitting in the car with my mom, in Julie's driveway. We actually got to her house a few minutes early, and Julie was with another student. So I grabbed my violin and all my music books, hopped out of the car, and stood in front of her door, and patiently waited. The door opened, and a girl walked out followed by her mom and Julie. I overheard Julie say "Okay, thank you for coming today, Natalia! Don't forget to practice hard for the recital next Saturday." I guess her name was Natalia... and for some reason I could not tear my eyes off of her. She looked... really pretty. Really short dark brown hair, blue eyes, long eyelashes, and a really bright smile. Julie noticed me, and said "Oh, Kasey! Hello! How are you doing?" and invited me inside her house. We walked into the room she teaches in. For some reason, my mouth and brain decided to stop functioning after seeing Natalia. I looked out the window and waved to my mom, who was in the car, and I saw Natalia staring at me! I was in shock- a pretty girl staring at an average girl like me?... It took a few seconds, but I managed to look at Julie and respond with "Hey, Julie! I'm doing pretty well today! I'm excited to start working on my pieces." Julie smiled and nodded, and we got right to work. 

(Timeskip to next Saturday) 

My mom and dad drove me to the church we were having the rehearsal at, and I was a little bit nervous. Not because of the actual music part- my music was easy! I practiced a lot, and could probably play from memory if I had to. I was nervous because I knew Natalia would be there. Questions were racing through my head. What if I messed up and made a fool of myself? What if I try to talk to Natalia at the reception afterward? What if she just laughed and walked away? What if I got her number and we became friends? My dad pulled into the parking lot, and I got out of the car with my violin and music. I walked up the steps to the church and took a deep breath. I told myself that I could do this, and I got this in the bag. My parents each grabbed a copy of the program, and they also got one and handed it to me. I took it, thanked them, and walked to where Julie was, to say hello to her. After Julie made sure my violin was in tune, I sat with my parents in the second row of chairs. Julie was checking everything one last time, and making sure everyone was here. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and when I turned around, it was Natalia! She smiled and asked me how I was doing, and I sort of tensed up for a few seconds before saying "Hi! I'm doing pretty well today, how are you?" She smiled and said she was doing well, too. I'm not sure why, but this little interaction gave me the boost of confidence I needed. 

(Timeskip to the reception) 

I was standing, leaning against the wall, checking my phone. When it was my turn to play the piece that I had been working on, I nailed it! All the notes, the rhythms, the dynamics, I got it all! And when I played the last chord, everyone clapped, and I took a bow. But I just couldn't look away from Natalia! She was smiling and cheering for me! My parents were talking to two people I presume were Natalia's parents, which made me smile! Her parents looked really nice. Just then, Natalia walked over to me, and struck up a conversation with me!!! 

N- "Hey, Kasey! You played really well! I thought you were really entertaining to watch."

C- "Oh, hey Natalia! Thanks! I really liked how you played too- you're really talented at violin." 

N- "I mean, I guess... But you're definitely better than me! Hahaha!"

C- "Aw, no way! How long have you been playing for? I've been playing for almost 5 years."

N- "I've been playing for a little under 6 years!" 

C- "That's awesome! Some serious dedication right there! What part of town do you live in?"

N- "I live aroun-"

Just then, our parents walked over to us, and said we had to go. I looked at Natalia, and I could see that she wasn't very happy to have to go. "Aw, but mom and dad! I was just about to make a new friend!" Natalia said, looked over at me, and winked! "Yeah, mom and dad! C'mon! You're always saying I need more friends that are outside of school!" I jokingly said, and laughed. Our parents all chuckled at us, and told us to say goodbye to each other. We knew we would definitely see each other because Julie had more recitals planned, but we wanted to keep talking. 

As our families walked out of the church, and were about to part ways, I suddenly turned around and walked to Natalia, who was a little further behind. "Uh- Hey, Natalia... I was wondering if you... maybe wanted to exchange phone numbers?" I managed to stutter out. Natalia laughed and said she would love to! I just could not stop smiling, and I quickly pulled out my phone. And after we got each other's numbers, we also added each other on Snapchat! "Could this day get any better??" I thought to myself. Well, yes. Yes, it did. 

I found out that my parents parked their car next to Natalia's parents! As Natalia and I were packing our violins and music into the trunk, our parents all got into the car. Natalia closed the trunk, and walked over to me. 

N- "It was really nice to meet you, Kasey! I had fun talking to you today."

C- "It was really cool to meet you too, Natalia! I'm happy that we're friends now."

N- "So... there was something else I wanted to tell you, but I almost chickened out."

C- "It's fine, what's up?"

N- "I know we literally just learned each others names today, but..."

Natalia smiled, and leaned in towards me. I knew what was going to happen, but I still mentally freaked out. Then, she gave me a short little kiss on the lips!!! I sort of died right then, but I managed to relax. We stepped back from each other, and both turned bright red. "Wow... Did that just happen?" I whispered as I gently touched my lips. We looked into each others eyes for a few more seconds, and burst out laughing. Natalia stepped back, and we bid goodbye to each other.

We smiled, and then walked back to our cars. 

"So did you have a fun time meeting Natalia? Made a new friend today, hmm?" my parents asked. "Oh, you bet I did!" I chirped happily. 

3rd Person POV

"Now that was a good day... I wonder if I should call her when I get home..." both girls wondered. 

-𝓕𝓲𝓷.-

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed that! Comment some feedback! I'll be sure to keep updating! Have a lovely day, and stay safe :)