𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 4 (EDITED!)

Yay! Another story! I know this one is shorter than the previous ones, but I have another story coming up that will be super epic!! (Muahahah) Enjoy and check back for part 2 :)

"𝐼𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒽 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑜𝓃, 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒."

Lilah's POV

It's been a month since camp ended, and I'm still angry about what happened. Maybe it's just because of my teenage hormones, but I would get really upset thinking about camp sometimes. You see, there was this boy, and his name name was Isaac. From the second I talked to him, I knew that I wanted to date him. Not just because he was really good looking, but because he was caring, witty, and smart. Isaac and I got so close to each other from the first day of camp, and I was so happy! It felt wonderful to have someone be my closest friend, and to have someone I could relate to about everything. Whenever I was stressed about whatever was going on that day, I would go talk to him and he would cheer me up. 

Enter a girl named Sarah. Sarah was a nice girl! She made me laugh, and we always had a blast together at camp. We would eat lunch with all our friends, talk to the interns there, and talk about our lives. One day, I was outside with Sarah and Isaac, and the three of us were eating lunch together. I thought it was funny that Sarah asked to join us two for lunch, since she usually eats inside with her other friends, who don't really talk to me very much. Don't get me wrong, they're all very nice and smart, but we just don't mesh well. Different brain frequencies, I guess? And there was this one time where- Oops. I just got a little sidetracked! Almost started daydreaming there, haha! Anyways, the three of us ate together, laughing and chatting about the mishaps of the day, and what was going on in our lives outside of camp. When the interns told us it was time to head inside and get to the room we needed to be in, we grudgingly packed up, taking our sweet time. Sarah told us that she was going to use the bathroom, and not to wait up for her. Isaac and I nodded, and told her that we would tell one of the staff members that was in charge of us where she was, if she was a little bit late. Sarah thanked us, and skipped off to use the bathroom. Meanwhile, I was walking back into the building with Isaac, and we were complaining about how we weren't in the same group after lunch. When we opened the door, a chill of the icy-cold air conditioning blasted me right in the face! It was colder than usual, and I started shivering. Of course, Isaac being the gentleman he was, gave me his sweatshirt and told me to put it on. We went to the room where everyone put their lunchboxes and belongings, and put our stuff next to each other. When we said goodbye to each other and were about to head our separate ways, for some reason, we didn't leave. We just kind of stared at each other, and got really quiet. I sighed, and told him to get moving, or else we would be late! Isaac shyly smiled, and told me that he would talk to me about something at the end of the day. I said okay, and started walking towards Sarah. It looked like she had to tell me something really important, so I broke out into a light jog. 

S- "Hey Lilah! I need to tell you... a secret!!"

L- "Omg! What is it?! I hope it's a good one!"

S- "Um, obviously! So... Who do you think is the cutest guy here?!"

L- "That's a good question! I don't really think any of them are super cute... Wait!!! Let me guess who you think is cute, okay?"

S- "Yes!! I think it's kinda obvious who I like!!!"

L- "Oh? WAIT!!! You like.... Sam? Mike? Shawn? Isaac???"

S- "Yeah! I really, really like him, and I think he likes me back!'

L- "Oh my gosh! This is so cute! I totally ship Sisaac!"

S- "Yay! C'mon, let's get going to our classes now!"

I nodded and began walking the opposite way from Sarah, since we weren't in the same class. I couldn't believe it! Sarah liked Isaac! My Isaac! My BEST FRIEND! I sighed, and knew it was going to be a long two weeks. 

(Timeskip to end of camp) 

I did it. I survived the last two weeks. It wasn't easy, because Sarah and Isaac were constantly trying to talk to me, but I made friends with some older kids who were friends with Sarah, and pretty much managed to ignore Sarah and Isaac. I felt bad, but I just didn't know what else to do. When our parents started arriving, I said goodbye to all my friends and traded phone numbers with them. Then, I went to go say goodbye to all the staff members, and the interns. I knew that I would really miss camp, but when I got out of college, I would come back and be an intern! That got me to smile a little bit. That night when I was in bed, I replayed the conversations I had with Isaac and Sarah a week ago. 

I- "Hey, Lilah! So I needed to tell you something..."

L- "Me too! May I go first?" 

I- "Of course! What is it?"

L- "... Well, Sarah really has major feelings for you, and she wants to date you."

I- "Really? I like her a little bit, but-"

L- "I think you two would go really well together! You should date."

I- "Hey, why not give it a try, right?! Hahah!"

L- "Yeah, haha..."

L- "Soooo... I told Isaac and he feels the same way about you!!!"

S- "Oh my god, girly!! You're the best!! Thank you so much!"

L- "Anything for a girlfriend! I hope you guys are super happy together."

S- "You really are amazing!" 

A tear slipped down my cheek, and I wiped it away. I stared up at my ceiling, wondering if I made the right decision. I felt like I did, but I knew I couldn't dwell on it any longer. I would be leaving for college soon, and then I would be out in the real world, not the silly one filled with drama and tears. 

Isaac's POV

It's been a long time since I saw Lilah. I hope she's doing well. Why couldn't I just have manned up and told her that I liked her??? I ruined my chances, though. I broke up with Sarah a few days ago, and it was mutual. We just felt like since we were going to college, we should give us a break. I knew what college I was going to, and that I was going to intern at the camp where I met Lilah. It was a long shot, but I hoped that Lilah would be there, so I could tell her how I really felt. 

Oof, this is sad :'( Part 2 coming up!