𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 5, 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 2 (EDITED!)

Serena's POV (Continued)

"Are they still watching us?" Jack asked. "Dude, your performance was amazing!! If I didn't know what was happening, I would fall for it, for sure. And no, they are not watching us. I think they're coming in, though... Yeah, they are. Pretend to be sad and talk to me!" Jack immediately put on a sad face, and pretended to mope around. I saw that Adri and Mason were getting food together! When they looked my way, I pretended to be texting someone, and Jack was bent over, pretending to tie his shoe. I watched Adri and Mason quickly leave, and sit down at one of the tables in the parking lot. Now, I have brushed up on my lip reading skills, so I closely watched what those two were saying. My eyes widened, and I grabbed Jack. We casually strolled outside, in the opposite direction of our friends, and looped around the building until we were behind them. 

Jack and I got as close as we dared, and started listening to their conversation. 

A- "So... how 'bout that bus ride? Some crazy stuff!"

M- "For sure. I can't believe that Jack likes you! I honestly don't know what to say!"

A- "Funny thing is, Serena actually told me a few days ago that Jack told her that he likes me! But, you know, I don't like him back."

M- "You don't?! This is amazin- I mean, that's cool... I suppose."

A- "Yeah, he's just not my type. There's another guy I actually have feelings for."

M- "Do you really? Who is it?!"

A- "Uhm... I don't really want to say, because I don't want to get rejected by him."

M- "Do you maybe want to tell me a little bit about him? I'll tell you about the girl I really like, and we could guess each other's crushes?..." 

A- "Well... Fine, I guess. He's in our class, has a really handsome smile, and is very caring and smart."

M- "Hm... You might have to be a little more specific! The girl I like is sort of shy, sweet and beautiful, and.... I'm sort of hesitant to say..."

A- "Oooh, what is the last hint?! If you tell me, I'll tell you the final hint for the person I like!"

M- "Okay. The girl I like is also best friends with Serena."

A- "Oh my- Well, I'll have you know that the guy I like is best friends with Jack." 

Jack and I gasped loudly, and realized a second too late our mistake. Adri and Mason turned around, and looked at us, eyes wide. "We got you so good! Jack, you explain what we did!" I yelled happily. Jack grinned, and looked at Adrienne and Mason, who were clearly baffled. "Mason, I lied. I obviously don't like Adrienne. That would be so weird! Ser and I came up with this plan to get you guys to confess your feelings for each other, because it's so obvious you guys like each other. Honestly! You guys are both big chickens! And plus, I... like another girl. Serena and I are really sorry if we made you mad, but we had to do something! And look, something did happen!" Mason and Adri both blushed, and looked at each other. Jack and I walked a few feet away to give them some space, and to see what they would do! I saw Mason gently put his hand over Adri's, and quietly say "We don't have to do anything you aren't comfortable with, but... would you be my girlfriend? We aren't as close as Jack and Serena, but I would be the happiest guy with you." I saw Adri smile widely, and nod happily. "I've always liked you for a long time, too, Mason. I'd be really happy to date you!" I blinked and almost missed it- they leaned in, and pecked each other on the lips! 

Jack and I clapped, and turned to look at each other. I smiled at him, and said "Well, it looks like our plan did end up working!" Jack laughed, and said that he had something to tell me. At this point, we had all been at the rest stop for a little over an hour. 

S- "What is it, Jack? You look a little bit scared."

J- "I actually talked to Mason last night about what I'm going to tell you right now, so he's in on the plan!"

S- "Another plan? Tell me more!!"

J- "Alright. This was difficult for me because we're best friends, but... lately, I've been wanting more than that. You're always there for me, make me smile and laugh, and you're amazing. And I want to be your boyfriend." 

S- "Oh- I thought I was the only one who felt the connection between us! I would love to be your girlfriend." 

We hugged, and he pressed a kiss to the top of my forehead. Mason and Adrienne saw us, and cheered loudly! That made me turn red, and Jack laughed and told me how cute I was. 

As the four of us got on the bus again, and sat down in our seats, we all looked at each other, and took in how each of us looked so happy. 

Anything was possible, I guess. 

-𝓕𝓲𝓷.-

Ahhhh this took me so long to write!! I really hope you like it, and be sure to check back later for more oneshots :)