𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 3 (EDITED!)

Hi guys, here's another story! Enjoy :) Part 2 will come out later! 

"𝐼𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝒸𝒽 𝒜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈"

Avery's POV

Last week, the school sent out an email to parents about "Shadow Day". In the email, it said that students were encouraged to sign up to shadow a ninth grader for a school day, and experience high school. When my parents heard about it, they told me that I should do it, because I would be able to have some experience navigating the high school next year. I was pretty excited because I knew some people in the grade above me, and I would potentially be shadowing one of them! What my parents told me was that the school picks who will be going to the high school randomly. This meant that even if I really wanted to go, I might not get picked. That made me a little bit upset, but I just felt that I would definitely get picked. 

On the last day that we could sign up for Shadow Day, I went straight to the main office to sign up. My parents had been nagging me about signing up, but I just kept forgetting because of how swamped with schoolwork I was! When I told the lady in the office what I had come for, she gave me a slip of paper, told me to fill it out and put it in the box next to her. I took a little peek inside the box when she wasn't looking my direction, and saw that almost nobody had signed up! The email sent out said that only 5 students would be doing this, and there were 4 slips of paper inside the box, not including mine. "Yes!" I thought to myself. "This is perfect! I'm guaranteed to go to the high school and do this!"

Stella's POV

My teacher told me the other day that I was picked to be one of the people who would be shadowed by an eighth grader. All my friends were so happy for me, because they knew how hard I worked to be eligible for this. You had to have straight A's, participate in at least 2 after-school clubs, and be an overall good citizen and student. Of course, I was perfect for that. When I was in eighth grade, I also got picked to shadow someone. It was a smart decision on my part, to sign up for that. I met a lot of people that day that I wouldn't have met, and they were now my good friends! Yesterday, my homeroom teacher gave me a slip of paper that had some basic information about who I would be showing around. Her name was Avery, she was a model student, loved language arts and math, and was an artist, like me! "Hmmm.. maybe Avery and I will be good friends!" I said to myself after reading about her. 

That night when I was at home eating dinner with my family, I told them what the paper said about Avery. My mom and dad were very excited to hear about her! My dad winked at me, and said "Who knows, kiddo! Perhaps Avery will take a liking to you! She sounds like a lovely girl!" My mom giggled, and told me that if I became friends with Avery, she would be delighted to meet her. I chuckled and shook my head. "Mom, dad... I know what you're trying to do! Don't say that I like her, because I haven't even met her! For crying out loud, I don't even know what she looks like!" I said jokingly. Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention that I'm really into girls... When I told my parents that last year, they just laughed and said they knew. So, I guess I'm lucky that I have such supportive parents... But that doesn't mean I get embarrassed when they joke about me liking a new girl!

(Timeskip to 10 pm)

I lay in my bed that night, and I couldn't stop replaying the conversation I had at dinner with my parents. What if I did end up liking Avery? It probably wouldn't even go anywhere if I did though. She's a year younger than me, and probably isn't into girls. I sighed out loud, turned over, and tried to fall asleep... but my brain would not calm down! For some reason, I just felt like Avery and I would become really good friends, and that the shadow day would go really well. After having this calm feeling wash over me, I turned over again, and fell asleep. 

(Timeskip to next morning, back in Avery's POV)

That morning, when I got on the bus, the ride was surprisingly short. Probably because I lived way closer to the high school than the middle school. I was so excited to meet Stella, the girl I would be shadowing. When I got off the bus, it struck me that I didn't know what she looked like! I gulped, and thought about what I should do. I was starting to panic a little bit, mostly because I didn't see anyone else from the middle school yet... Well, I didn't see much people to begin with. I guess my bus was earlier than usual. So I decided to gather my courage, and walk around, and see if anyone nearby knew Stella. I walked up to a group of three kids, which I presumed were ninth graders, and asked them "Hey, do you guys know a girl named Stella? I'm supposed to shadow her, but I don't know what she looks like..." I trailed off, and waited for them to tell me that they didn't know her. But hey! Just my luck, one of the boys went "Oh, you're Avery! It's so nice to meet you! Stella's bus hasn't arrived yet, but you can hang out with us! We're Stella's good friends!" The boy said that the three of them would introduce themselves to me! The boy's name was Grayson, and the girl with the short black hair was Ella. The other girl, who had a really cool haircut was Marissa. I got to know them all a little better, and I actually liked them all! They were super nice to me, and made me feel a little less nervous. Grayson's phone buzzed, and when he looked at it, he told me that Stella's bus was just pulling into the parking lot! I looked up, and there indeed was a bus! My stomach started flip-flopping, and I asked Ella "I feel a little mean asking this, but is Stella nice?... I'm really nervous now..." Ella laughed and said Stella would be sure to make me feel welcomed in every class! I guess that made me feel a little better. 

Stella's POV

I jumped off the bus stairs and looked around for Grayson, Ella, and Marissa. When I spotted them, I ran over to them. Panting, I managed to get out "So- Sorry! My bus was- was late and my parents couldn't drive me in..." They smiled and said it was okay, and that they had been keeping Avery company. I looked around, and my eyes fell on a girl who... I guess was Avery? "Wow. She's really pretty." I thought to myself. I noticed that Avery had long light brown hair, with the ends dyed a bright sky blue. She had dark brown, almost black, eyes, with long eyelashes. She was wearing a Vans t-shirt, ripped jean shorts, and checkered Vans. I stared for a few more seconds, and then I shook my head, and introduced myself to her. 

S- "Hey! I'm Stella, and you'll be shadowing me today!"

A- "Good morning, Stella! I'm Avery. It's nice to meet you!"

S- "It's great to meet you, too. Sorry about being a little later, but my bus was running late. Did you have a chance to get to meet my friends?" 

A- "Yes, I did! You guys all seem really nice and chill! Is it time to go inside for homeroom, or whatever it is that high schoolers do?" 

S- "Yeah, I guess we can go in now! We'll take you to our homeroom." 

Avery's POV

When we arrived at Stella and her friends' homeroom, I looked around anxiously. There were a few ninth graders standing around and chatting. When they noticed us, they smiled and waved hello. I relaxed, and thought that maybe this wouldn't be terrible. Soon, the teacher walked in, and introduced herself to me. "Hello! Pleasure to meet you, my name is Ms. Johnson! You must be Avery?" I nodded, and we made some small talk. The bell rang, and I went to go sit next to Stella and her friends. Stella explained how the schedule worked, and how the school day is different than what the middle school does. I felt really happy that she was being so attentive to all my questions, and that she treated me like a friend she's had for many years, not a few minutes! 

(Timeskip to end of the day) 

Oh man, today was awesome!! Every class was very interesting, and all the kids at the high school were incredibly nice! I ate lunch with Stella, Grayson, Marissa, and Ella. We had a blast together, and they all gave me their phone numbers, and Snapchats so that we could all stay in touch. When the school day was over, Ella, Grayson and Marissa each hugged me goodbye, and promised to keep in touch with me, before they got on their buses. I still had a few minutes before my bus arrived, and so did Stella. I thanked her again for a great day, and told her I would be sure to keep in touch with her. She seemed really happy that I said I would, and also promised to do the same. Stella even asked me to hang out with her at the park or something soon, and I happily accepted the offer. When our buses pulled up, we hugged goodbye, and went our separate ways. 

Hey guys, part 2 to this is coming soon! Hope you enjoyed :) Have a great day!