𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 3, 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 2 (EDITED!)

Hi guys, enjoy part 2 to the previous story :) 

(Timeskip to summertime, one month after school ended)

Avery's POV

I was so happy that it was finally summer, and that it was today! "Why?", you may ask? Well, today was the day that I went to the carnival with Stella! We texted each other last week, and agreed to ask our parents if we could go together to the carnival that was in our town now! Of course, our parents all said yes, delighted that we were becoming really good friends. Part of the reason why I was so excited was because over the course of the rest of the school year, I realized that I was majorly crushing on Stella. I mean, she's beautiful, smart, kind, and funny. What's there not to like? I was planning to tell her tonight, when we were at the very top of the Ferris Wheel. I had it all planned out, and I was sure that nothing would go wrong! Well, except for the part where she probably doesn't like girls... But I would cross that bridge when I got to it. 

I decided to go pick out an outfit, and make myself look presentable. My mom was downstairs in the family room, talking with Stella's mom on the phone. I was happy when my mom told me that she was really close with Stella's mom now! It's not everyday that my mom decides to become best friends with someone... I walked upstairs to my bedroom, and opened my closet. "Hmm... What to wear? What to wear?... I know I want to look good, but not preppy. And I definitely don't want to look like I tried too hard, but not like I didn't even try. I need to look effortless!" I thought. After going through my closet a few times, I decided on a cropped galaxy print t-shirt, ripped black jean shorts, and my platform Vans with checkers. I also put in some silver stud earrings, and put my hair in a half up- half down style. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I smiled and nodded, and went downstairs to show my mom. When I walked into the family room, my mom looked up, and smiled and said, "Oh, how darling!! You look great! Are you ready to go now?" I nodded, and we grabbed our phones, I grabbed 10 dollars, and got into the car. 

(Timeskip to 15 minutes later, Stella's POV)

I was in the car, excitedly chattering to my mom about how I was going to have so much fun with Avery! My mom knew I liked her, and she was also very excited to be able to talk to Avery for a few minutes, and then go talk with her mom for the rest of the time we were at the carnival. Before I got in the car, I spent a really long time picking out an outfit. I wanted to look presentable because I was going to ask Avery to be my girlfriend. After trying on a bunch of outfits, I decided on a black t-shirt with a little rainbow heart on it, white jeans, and some gold hoop earrings. I didn't know what to do with my hair, since it was cut so short to the point it looked like a stereotypical boy haircut... So I just brushed it until it was neat enough. I also had some money inside my phone case so that I would be able to pay for any snacks we got. My phone buzzed, and I saw that I had a notification from Avery! The text she sent said "Heya! I'm in the parking lot, where are you guys?" I asked my mom, and she said that we were about two minutes away from the carnival, so that's what I texted back. 

With one more left turn, we were in the parking lot! When my mom parked the car and turned off the engine, I jumped out of my seat and speed-walked towards Avery and her mom. I hugged Avery, and said hello to her mom. My mom caught up to me, and the four of us walked towards the admission booth. As  soon as Avery and I got our bracelets, we yelled a goodbye to our moms and ran off to the first ride we saw, which happened to be the giant swings! I heard our moms laugh, and walk away together. 

(Timeskip to 2 hours later, Avery's POV) 

We had been at the carnival for about 2 hours now, and we had gone on all of the rides, except for the Ferris Wheel. We also ate a bunch of snacks, like ice cream, cotton candy, and churros! I suggested going on the Ferris Wheel, and Stella agreed. For some reason, I felt like she was also hiding something from me. She was a little quieter than usual, and not as enthusiastic about anything. I shrugged it off, grabbed her hand, and we ran to the line. Once it was our turn to get on the wheel, I said "After you, darling!" Stella giggled and curtsied, and got on. The Ferris Wheel started, and off we went! It was evening now, the sun was starting to set, casting a beautiful golden glow on everything below us. The sky was light blue, and the clouds were a bright pink and orange. I saw our moms sitting at one of the picnic tables, and they saw me waving to them! They looked at each other, laughed and said something, and then waved back. I glanced over at Stella to see her looking at the carnival below us, lost in thought. I took a deep breath, and steeled myself for what was either going to be the best, or worst decision in my life. 

Stella's POV 

I heard Avery take a deep breath, so I got curious. I wondered what she had to say! When I snuck a peek at her, she was fidgeting with her hands, and looked like she was debating what to say. I wanted to tell her, so bad, about how I felt, but I was so scared. If she didn't like me, our friendship would go down the drain, and I would probably die of sadness and rejection. So what did I do? I waited and let Avery take her time with whatever she seemed like she had to say. I saw Avery open her mouth, and heard her sigh. 

A- "Stella. There's something I need to tell you, and I had been meaning to tell you a while ago. But I was too nervous of how you would react, so I kept it from you. But I feel like now is the right time to tell you this. Do you promise me that you won't stop being my friend if this conversation goes south?"

S- "Avery, you can tell me anything! I will always be here for you. I am your best friend, and it's going to take more than a conversation to tear us apart. Take your time, Ave." 

A- "Okay, thanks. I.... I... uh.... I have feelings for you! From the day we met, I knew I wanted to be your friend so badly, and now we are. But over the summer, I realized that I want us to be more than friends. I'm sorry if you aren't into girls, but I had to tell you. It was just consuming me whole, and I had to get it out." 

S- "What- I- Oh my god! You like me? Whoa, this is-"

A- "I get it, it's fine if you don't. I just felt like you deserved to know. I've never felt like this in my life."

S- "No, Avery! I... also have feelings for you. But I didn't know if YOU were into girls, so I didn't tell you in case you thought it was weird and decided to stop being my friend." 

Avery's POV

I stared at Stella in shock. I tried to process all my thoughts, which were rushing and tumbling through my head all at once. "Well, I guess it makes sense how much she texts and snapchats me... And how I've never heard her talk about any guys. And how Ella, Marissa, and Graydon always smirk whenever we hang out." I thought. I saw that we so close to the very top of the Ferris Wheel, and knew what I had to do. I scooted closer to Stella, until we were right next to each other, arms and legs touching. I turned so that I was facing her, and gently cupped her jaw. We were slowly leaning towards each other now, eyes closing, mouths opening. When our lips finally met, I heard Stella sigh. I gently put my other arm around her waist, pulling her even closer to me. After what felt like forever, but was only a minute or so, we pulled apart and looked into each other's eyes. Stella shyly smiled, and asked me "Well, I guess we both like each other. Do you want to make it official, and be my beautiful girlfriend?" I grinned and said "Of course I will." 

(Timeskip to about half an hour after the Ferris Wheel) 

Talk about perfect AND horrible timing! I sat down on a bench with Stella, and we held hands. She leaned in for another kiss, and random kids and grown-ups around us awwed and clapped! It made me so happy to know that they weren't disgusted that two girls were dating, but were happy instead. I heard the sound of grass crunching, and decided to ignore it, instead leaning deeper into the kiss. A laugh came from right in front of us, and Stella and I pulled away to see our moms in front of us! I immediately froze, not knowing what to expect. My mom smiled so wide, and said "So you guys finally got together? It's about time! Avery, did you really think I couldn't tell that you like Stella?! I've seen you two hang out, and I just knew you guys would end up together!" Stella's mom nodded and said "Yeah, Avery, your mom is right! You guys are too cute together! We love that you guys weren't scared to hide your true selves, and let that get in the way of love." I smiled at both of them, and turned to Stella. She smiled back, grabbed my hand, and said that we should get going because it was nighttime now. I agreed, and the four of us walked back to our cars. 

A- "Hey, Stella? I had the most fantastic time with you today. I love you!"

S- "And I did too. I love you." 

Avery and Stella's POV

All those times I thought I would never find love. All those times I thought I wasn't good enough. All those times I pushed down my feelings. All those times I thought I would be rejected.

And now? I have everything that I ever dreamt of. 

-𝓕𝓲𝓷.- 

Hey guys! Hope you liked this one (it's a bit longer than usual) Have a fantastic day, and stay cool :)