Chapter 2: The Race Against Time

I was running through the woods, with Derek right behind me. "What on Earth were you thinking?" I shouted back.

"What do you mean?" Derek said. Blood stained his mouth from the scene we just escaped. His eyes still shined purple.

I stopped, turned around and slapped his face. "What do I mean? You drank ... dry. Now every hunter in the town is trying to kill us."

Derek held his face. "I'd like to see them try." 

In anger, I flipped Derek onto his stomach. Then, I pulled out every arrow stuck in his back. His screams were so loud it sounded like glass breaking. 

I open my eyes, sitting up. Isaac left my house last night before his dad would get suspicious. Rubbing my eyes, I look out the window. Darkness still stains the sky. I get out of bed, putting on a grey shawl. My mind races about the dream. I could not explain it, so I go downstairs to my piano. Playing calms me down. I place my fingers on the keys and start playing Again by Beverly.

Once I hit the last note, there is a knock at my door. I look at my phone. It's past two in the morning. I slowly approach the door. Releasing my claws, I turn the knob and open the door. "Isaac..." I sigh. There are tears in his eyes. I retract my claws and pull him inside. "Baby, what's wrong?"

"It's my dad," he replies. "I think he's dead." Isaac looks away. "I told Derek, and of course he asked if it was me. But that's the thing - it wasn't me." 

I pull him inside. Embracing him, I say, "You're staying with me from now on. My house is yours now." 

++++++++++++++++++

It was a rough night, but Isaac finally managed to get some sleep. We woke up the next morning preparing for the full moon to come tonight. Before I came to Beacon Hills, I asked Marcel for chains just for this occasion - totally not for anything else. I did not necessarily need to change on a full moon because hybrids can control the shift, but that does not mean I do not feel the moon's influence. And unlucky for me, I was born with my father's temper. Having Isaac around really helps me stay calm - I am just scared for what will happen at school today. It's also his first full moon and I do not know how I can help. 

Isaac gets dressed quickly, then heads downstairs to prepare breakfast. I put on a maroon crop top with a skirt starting where the top ends. I pull on matching black tights with brown boots to pop. Picking up a black and brown bag, I head downstairs. 

Isaac pours himself some Cheerios

Isaac pours himself some Cheerios. He opens the cabinet hiding the blood-bag fridge hidden inside of it. He pulls out a bag, pours the contents into a glass, then puts it in the microwave. Once it's done, Isaac hands it to me and kisses my cheek. "A- for the lady," he says before sitting down and eating his meal.  Between bites, he tells me, "I have lacrosse practice this morning. Will you be there to watch, but more to make sure I'm okay?"