Chapter 18: Unleashed

Lilliana's POV: Derek's Apartment

"Pro, all of you will be alive," I say to the wall on one side of Derek's bedroom. I turn around. "Con: I have to leave and most likely never come back. Which would lead to me never seeing any of you again and an eternity of depression." I walk to the other side of the room.

Isaac watches me debate with myself. "What if you don't leave?" he suggests. "Tell everyone about you, your dad, your dad's siblings - the whole can of worms."

"And have them hate me!" I project a little louder. "They are all going to hate me for lying to them and because I'm a monster. I'm already going to be grounded for the next several centuries, if not in a box like a dagger-induced coma. I don't need to wallow in that for the next four-hundred years."

Isaac stands, grabbing me by the shoulders. "Stop that. You're not a monster." He leans down and kisses me. "Think it over more. You have time - not a lot of time, but time." He grabs his backpack from beside him, slinging it on his shoulder. "Now, I am late but you should take a day for yourself."

"I've missed enough classes, Isaac. I'm going to be so behind," I reply reaching for my backpack.

My boyfriend grabs my hand. "Take a day. Figure yourself out, school can wait. Besides, I doubt you will have any trouble making up the work." He takes me by the hand and walks with me down the spiral stairs. I watch as he leaves through the sliding door.

"Well, well, well," a voice fills the room. I groan as I turn around to Peter Hale sitting on the couch. "Aren't you two cute?"

"What do you want, Peter?" I ask annoyed.

He stands up and approaches me. "Well, what I want is answers. Why does Deucalion want an omega like you as a member of his pack?" Peter walks up until he is about two inches away from me. "More rather, how the hell is an omega like you so powerful?"

Before I can answer, Derek walks into the room. "Peter, stop being creepy and leave her alone," the alpha exclaims. Peter backs away with his hands raised. Derek strolls over to his desk in the back of the room. "Now," he says turning to face me. "About that talk."

Third Person POV: Cross Country Trail

After the girl found the body, the Sheriff and his deputy block the area off to start their investigation. Scott, Stiles, and Isaac walk away from the scene chatting amongst themselves. Isaac looks over at Ethan and Aiden, who share a look. "Did you see the way the twins looked at him?" Isaac exclaims.

"Yeah," Stiles answers, "like they had no idea what happened."

Isaac shakes his head. "No, no, they knew."

Detective Stiles decides to report for duty. "The kid was strangled with a garrote, all right? Am I the only one recognizing the lack of "werewolfitude" in these murders?"

"Oh, you think it's a coincidence they turn up and then people start dying?"

"Well, no, but I still don't think it's them."

Both boys turn to Scott. "Scott, what about you?" Isaac asks.

"I don't know yet," he replies.

"You don't know yet?" Stiles repeats.

Scott motions to Isaac. "Well, he's got a point." Stiles looks at his best friend with a hurt expression. "Seriously dude, human sacrifices?"

"Scott, your eyes turn into yellow glow sticks, okay? Lilliana can transform into a full on wolf whenever she wants. Hair literally grows from your cheeks and then will immediately disappear and if I were to stab you right now, it would just magically heal, but you're telling me that you're having trouble grasping human sacrifices?" Stiles lectures.