Chapter 12: Saving Them

Lilliana's POV

Isaac had healed up by the time the police took Jackson's body away in an ambulance. Ms. McCall went with them to assist us later. While the lacrosse guys are getting undressed after winning the game, Sheriff Stilinski talks to Isaac, Scott, and me in the shower section of the locker room. I stand behind the wall because I personally do not want to see a bunch of teenage boys changing while I am talking to law enforcement.

Stiles has apparently gone missing and the Sheriff is asking us a bunch of questions. He explains the situation to the three of us. "I have a meeting with the medical examiner and will try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I got an APB out on Stiles." Isaac leans over to read what the Sheriff has written in his notes. "His jeep is still in the parking lot," Sheriff Stilinski continues, "so that means..." He pauses and curses. "I don't know what that means." He takes a deep breath in. "Look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you three see him..."

"We'll call you," Isaac assures him. I walk to my boyfriend's side; he puts an arm around me.

Scott adds some reassurance, "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." Sheriff Stilinski walks out to meet with the rest of his men. Afterwards, the coach lectures Scott about getting his grades up for next years lacrosse season.

When all of the team walks out, Scott rips off Jackson's locker door. Isaac and I watch as Scott takes out articles of Jackson's clothing. "You're gonna find him by scent?" I ask.

"All of us are," Scott replies. He hands me and Isaac his shoes, and takes his shirt for himself.

Isaac comments, "Why do you get shirt and we get shoes?"

I laugh, but quickly stop when someone else walks into the locker room. Derek stands with his hands behind his back. "We need to talk," the alpha exclaims.

Suddenly, Peter Hale walks out from behind some lockers. Scott jumps when he sees him. Peter inputs, "All of us."

"What the hell is this?" Scott asks with clear irritation.

"Well, that's a Peter and that's a Derek," I answer while pointing to the respective people. Isaac is stopping himself from laughing.

Scott, however, is not amused. "You knew he was alive?"

"We were a bit busy, if ya didn't notice," I rebut, waving Jackson's shoe in my hand. "It was not the most pressing matter."

"You know, Scott," Derek interrupts, "I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station." Both me and Isaac stare at Scott with disapproving glances.

"Okay, hold on," Scott retorts. "He threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

Peter chimes in, "I'm gonna go with Scott on this one." Derek looks back at his uncle. "Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous."

"Shut up!" Derek and Scott shout at the same time.

"I feel like my family has had this conversation before..." I whisper with a smile on my face. Isaac starts laughing while Derek and Scott give me the same disapproving glances I gave them. I put my hands up defensively.

Isaac leans over to Scott. "Who is he?" my boyfriend asks.

"He's Peter - Derek's uncle," Scott explains. "Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat." Peter waves at Isaac, saying hi. Isaac tells Scott the information is good to know. Scott continues to interrogate Derek, "How is he alive?"