Chapter 3: Mistakes

"Why do you have so many burner phones?" Isaac asks me. After the incident last night, Isaac has been named Beacon Hill's most wanted. I am going to the police station this morning for questioning/covering myself. Since he cannot go back home, Isaac is staying with me until they find his father's real killer. Derek is probably going to come and interrogate me sometime today, along with Stiles and probably Scott, and maybe the hunter from the other night. To think I came here to get away from the mess. One step at a time. 

"Because you cannot be in an immortal family without being careful if one screws up," I reply. Isaac roles his eyes as he picks one up. He turns it on and begins to set it up. "So my number is on there, along with Marcel's - but do not call him unless it is an emergency." I look at the clock. "Now I have to go cover for us and then I am off to school unless..." I approach my boyfriend. "You would rather me come home."

He kisses me softly. "It would be suspicious after last night for you to not go to school. Trust me - I would rather you be here, but you have to cover yourself. Just please be careful." I nod and turn around to leave when Isaac stops me. He kisses my neck. "And don't get into anymore fights. It's right after the full moon so someone's temper is still easily tested."

"Hey, hey, hey," I say. I poke his nose. "I'll be fine." After a quick kiss goodbye, I get in my car and drive to the Sheriff's station. I walk in, asking to see Isaac. When they do not let me, I ask to see the Sheriff. The woman at the front desk leads me into Sheriff Stilinski's office. "Sheriff," I exclaim when I walk in, "the other officers won't let me see Isaac. Is everything alright?"

Sheriff Stilinski looks up at me. "Yes, Lilliana. There has been a bit of an issue," he explains. He motions for me to sit and I comply. "It seems that last night someone broke Isaac out of his cell. He's currently still missing. We were wondering if you might have some information for us."

I shake my head. "No sir. I left here alone last night. I had no idea about the break out until you said something," I answer. I start to hyperventilate. "Is he going to be alright? What if someone hurts him?"

"We will find him, Miss Mikaelson," the Sheriff reassures. 

I nod, standing. I turn to leave, but then look back at the Sheriff. "Sheriff Stilinski, can I ask you something? It's kind of personal to me, but you can say no." The Sheriff nods for me to go on. I sit back in the seat. I explain, "My father raised me by himself in New Orleans, but he told me my mother was from Beacon Hills. That was as much as he ever told me about her. Do you think you could look up marriage certificates or records? It's fine if you can't, I just thought I'd ask."

Sheriff Stilinski smiles and says, "I can certainly look. What's your father's name?"

I thought about the consequences for a moment, but brush them to the side. "Niklaus Mikaelson." When the sheriff gives me the look that says 'I need spellcheck', I say, "N-I-K-L-A-U-S M-I-K-A-E-L-S-O-N." 

He types away on his computer for a moment. He clicks his mouse and seems to get a little frustrated. "I don't see anything about your father in here, Lilliana. No marriage records nor birth certificate. I'm sorry."

"It's alright," I tell him. I stand then go to the door. Opening it, I look back at him and say, "Thank you for trying. Please let me know if you find anything." The Sheriff nods; I walk out of his office then exit the station. 

I walk into school like nothing happened the night before, but I was not expecting to be stared at. When you are like me, getting stared at by this many people could mean someone exposed you. But if you have my last name, it means there is someone in this room the family has pissed off and wants your head as retribution. Luckily but also not, they are all talking about how I was at the police station right after someone broke Isaac out of prison. I take a deep breath in, trying not to get angry. Unlike the Beacon Hills werewolves, my anger does not leave when the full moon does. It takes a couples days for it to die down; however, I am my father's daughter so that does not help.