Chapter 15: The Return of the Norm

Lilliana's POV: Three months later...

The summer came and went before I knew it. My seventeenth birthday passed by without a party, thank goodness for that. For most of it, I was spending quality boyfriend-girlfriend time with Isaac. However, even though all of the pack wars were over, Isaac was helping Derek search for Erica and Boyd. According to what Stiles told me, Gerard took him after the lacrosse game to a basement where the Argents were keeping Erica and Boyd. Apparently they escaped; however, they went missing right after. With the Alpha pack suddenly showing up after they leave to find another pack, it is no surprise they went missing. The pack probably took them to get to Derek. 

Isaac left the other night to look for them, but he would not tell me where. Probably so I would not follow him and stay as far away from the alpha pack as I could. 

However, today is different. I keep getting this really bad feeling - like someone is dying. I cannot shake the feeling away and it is starting to scare me. I do not want to go to Derek, due to the fact he is probably busy. For someone who said he wanted to gain my trust as well as gain his, he did not reach out as much as I thought he would. I visited him about three times during the summer, and that was just to check if I had any alpha pack news. Thankfully, I do not.

So I am going to try someone new.

I knock on the door to the animal clinic. In a matter of minutes, Dr. Deaton opens the door. "Miss Mikaelson," he exclaims, "I am sorry to say but Scott is not here. He did not have a shift tonight."

"That's great, actually, because I came looking for you," I say. My hands start shaking for some reason. After staring at them for a quick moment, I meet his eyes again. "Please." 

He motions for me to go inside. Dr. Deaton leads me back to the examination room. "What seems to be the problem, Miss Mikaelson?" he asks.

"This is going to sound really strange, but I get these feeling sometimes," I explain. "Sometimes it's not just feelings. It's dreams about the future or the present or the past."

Deaton messes with an examination tool in his hand. "Most likely a connection to the dormant witch blood inside of you, Miss Mikaelson." My eyes go wide at his response. "I know who you are, Miss Mikaelson; or should I say I know what you are."

I take a step back. Out of instinct, I ready myself for a fight. "How did you..."

Dr. Deaton puts his hands up to insure that he does not mean to cause any harm. "I'm sure Derek told you about how I was an advisor to the Hale family before their tragic demise." Slowly, I nod in response. "Just like many other advisors, I know much more about the supernatural world than most supernatural beings do. This includes your friends. I know all about your family and their... unique... history. More importantly, I know about you."

"How do you even know about me? My father hid my existence from the world. Most vampires in my hometown have no idea I exist."

"Because," Deaton says, "I made a promise to your mother. She said you would come here one day, and that you may come to me seeking guidance. Like right now. I promised to do exactly that."

My eyes grow softer. "You knew my mother?" my tone shaky. "Who..."

"Yes, but she is not important right now." Deaton walks over to the table and grabs a flashlight. He waves it in front of my eyes. "What matters now is your premonitions. When did it start getting bad?"

After taking in disappointment, I respond, "Today. I keep feeling like someone is going to die."

++++++++++++