Chapter 20: Ghosts of Her Past

A/N: Guys, this chapter is going to touch on some mature subjects. If you have any dark thoughts, please reach out to someone close to you or call the appropriate authorities. All of you are special - do not suffer alone. If you still wish to read the chapter, please read on - put any questions or concerns in the comments. Thank you everyone.

*****************************

Lilliana's POV: Motel Glen Capri

We all unload the bus after we reach the Motel Glen Capri. The ghostly pain still stays with me, but after Isaac let me drink some of his blood I do not feel as bad. I stand next to Allison so I can be closer to Isaac. 

"I've seen worse," Scott exclaims when he gives the motel a look see. 

Stiles stares at his best friend. "Where have you seen worse?"

The coach blows his whistle, which make me jump and hold my hears. "Listen up," Coach Finstock yells. "The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up - choose wisely." He holds out the keys. Each group takes a key. There is an odd amount so I decide to room with Lydia and Allison.

Allison starts to walk to our room, but Lydia and I stay behind. "What is it, guys?" the huntress asks. 

Lydia and I look at each other before the strawberry blonde answers, "I don't like this place."

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place," Allison tries to joke. "It's just for a night."

"A lot can happen in one night," I add. The bad feeling has not left, but is growing stronger every time I take a step closer to the motel.

The girls and I walk to our room. I take a look around before walking in. I grab two pillows from each bed and the extra blanket from the cabinet. I make myself a makeshift bed between the two queen beds. Lydia goes into the bathroom and grabs the towels. "We are supposed to have a non-smoking room yet our towels smell like nicotine," she exclaims. 

"I was really wanting to take a shower," Allison says. 

"Don't worry," the strawberry blonde reassures, "I'll go get new towels." She takes them and exits the room. Allison starts the shower while I lay back onto my makeshift bed.

Suddenly, I hear something, "Mother's love their children." I bolt upward. I look around the room. "Father's make them strong." 

I get to my feet. "Hello?" I whisper nervously. I go to the coat closet and open the door - no one is there. "Allison, did you hear something?" I shout.

"No, but is Lydia back with the towels yet?" she asks.

"No," I answer softer. "I'll go check." I walk to the door, open it, and close it quietly. I look at my surroundings, trying to find Lydia and the source of the voice. I head towards the front desk swiftly. As I turn a corner, I bump into someone. When I see the person, they have dark hair standing up. Their coat looks expensive with the black wool and folded collar. I know this person from the moment I see their eyes. Backing up to the railing, I whisper frightened, "Finn..." Part of me is fighting back tears.

"Lilliana," Finn says, though his voice does not match, "are you okay?" I close my eyes, blinking hard. When I open them again, I see Stiles with food from the vending machine. He snaps his fingers which makes me jump. "Are you okay?"

"Y...Yeah..." I mutter. "Have you seen Lydia?" Stiles points down at the front desk. Slowly, I nod and head down the stairs. 

My shoes squeak on the asphalt as I head to the desk. When I look inside, what I see makes me jump back holding my mouth. The older woman at the desk is leaning back in her chair with a giant hole where her heart should be. "Hello, my dear niece," someone says behind me. Still holding my mouth, I turn my head around. There in the middle of the parking lot stood my second-oldest uncle, Elijah, holding the heart of the woman in his hand. He extends the heart in my direction. "Come on, my dear, you're starving. Come and eat," he tells me. I turn back around and look up at the glass. My eyes have turned orange with black surrounding my irises. The veins near my eyes bubbled like worms moved underneath my skin. My fangs protrude from the top of my gums.