Chapter 19: Bonds

Lilliana's POV: Allison's Car

I sit in the back of car. Allison had asked me to come stalk the cross country bus since Scott got hurt after the incident last night. Since that incident, I have felt so weak. Maybe it is because of my need for blood, but this is not a hunger pain. 

"Am I getting too close?" Allison breaks me out of my thoughts. "I think I am getting too close."

Lydia, always ready for some sweet sarcasm - why I love her so, answers, "I don't know. Are you just planning on following it or are you planning on mounting it at some point?"

"Yeah, I should back up," Allison agrees. 

I scoff, "Well that also depends if we are following the bus or the ex-boyfriend." Lydia extends her hand, and I score a solid high five.

"After what happened," Allison explains, "I am not letting him out of my sight." She looks at Lydia and me through the mirror. "And by the way, this all started because he came knocking at my door." 

"For what?" Lydia asks. Allison replies at first with what I can only expect to be a flash back moment. 

While Lydia and I wait for her to answer, I take out my phone.

Isaac: Hey, how are you doing?

Me: I feel like the bus you are in ran me over. 

Isaac: You still don't feel good.

Me: It's probably the lack of blood. 

Isaac: If we stop, I'm making you drink my blood whether you like it or not.

Me: I'm fine.

Isaac: I'm not dumb. Fine means not okay. Are you F-I-N-E or F-Y-N-E?

Me: What? I'm lost.

Isaac: It's from the tv show, Community.

Me: You realize my father is literally as old as dirt right?

Isaac: Remind me to add that to our summer watch list, along with literally every other movie in existence.

Isaac: Enough of that, tell me what's wrong.

Me: Babe, I'm okay. I'll take your offer at the next pit stop.

I put my phone away and close my eyes. Maybe this pain will go away with an hour of shut eye. 

Third Person POV: Yesterday Morning

I did not want to do what I was about to do. I knocked on the door. "Come in," I heard from the other side. Nervously, I pulled back the sliding door. Derek was standing alone in the room. 

"Can I come in?" I asked as cheerfully as I can. 

Derek gave me an angry look. "You can't come in unless you're invited. Is that one of your weaknesses? Besides, you've already been invited in so you could have already walked in by now." I did not walk in. He shook his head. "Come in, Lilliana."

Slowly, I walked inside the apartment. I listened for anybody, but we were completely alone. "Where is everybody?"

"Boyd and Cora are following the twins to figure out where the alphas' home base is. I don't know where Peter or Scott are. You probably know where Isaac is." Derek finished his statement then walked around the desk. 

"Yeah, he's at my house working on homework - I think," I replied while trying to hide how uncomfortable I was. After an awkward silence lasting a minute, I said, "Well, I left my bookbag here yesterday and that has my car keys, so I'll just get that and go."