Misunderstood (Part One)

This one's for you, alicat4405 , and to anyone else who has ever fought me for a certain someone. Just two requests: don't judge, and remember that your part in this piece's creation is short and not a suuuper big deal, you were just the wonderful inspirations XD <3
...because this may just get very cringy very fast.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO HIT THAT LIL STAR BUTTON IF YOU LIKE IT AND LEAVE ME AS MANY COMMENTS AS YOU WANT <3

- - -

"MOVE!" "No YOU move—" "I was here first! Get lost!"

That was what greeted Sophie's ears as she re-formed in the place Keefe had given her directions for. She was not-so-slowly regretting her decision to actually come. Especially when sand slowly seeped into her shoes.

Begrudgingly, Sophie stepped out of the shadow from a rocky outcropping she'd materialized into, and right into the line of sight of the bickering girls.

They both immediately fell silent.

"Um... hi?" Sophie tried, waving in a way she just knew radiated awkward. She couldn't help it, though. She was off her game for obvious reasons.

"Why is she here?" one of them whispered to the other, still loud enough for Sophie to hear, though by her face Sophie guessed she didn't realize that. Girl Number Two shrugged.

Both girls had average moosy brown hair, and they also had similar face shapes, though Girl Number One was a little taller and barely noticeably less fit, with slightly darker hair than the other, and Girl Number Two had shorter hair —just above her shoulders (which contrasted Girl Number One's hair that nearly went down to the small of her back) — and little freckles peppering her cheeks and nose. And, Sophie observed, while on first glance both girls looked like they had brown eyes, upon closer inspection Girl Number One had a strange but pretty grey-blue for her eye color.

That mattered very little, though. What really mattered was why they were in the same place right now. And, more importantly, why humans were seeing an elf, and how they seemed to know she was an elf. More questions begged to be answered, but she shoved most of them to the back of her mind.

"Ahhh, ladies!" said an all-too-familiar voice. Sophie could hear the smirk before she even saw it. "Getting to know each-other?"

"Not exactly," Girl Number One mumbled, her eyes darting between where the voice was coming from, and her shoes.

Keefe didn't seem to hear her as he swaggered out into the light. And, yep, there was a triumphant smirk on his face. "Sophie, Hope, Ali, glad you could make it!"

"Um, why am I here?" Sophie cut in before he could go any further. She hadn't seen him in a full month, and she'd intended to never see him again. That is, until he sent her such a pitiful message that she couldn't say no not an hour before. It would have been downright cruel to ignore it. But he clearly wasn't stranded with a broken leg and no means of transportation or help.

Keefe made a shocked face, gasping as if offended on her behalf. "You're here because we couldn't do this without you!"

"Do what?" Girl Number One, who seemed to be the one he'd called Hope, asked timidly. She, unashamed, stared in awe as he turned to her and gave her a charming little grin. Sophie could have sworn the girl was melting inside, and it made her extremely tempted to roll her eyes. She didn't understand why girls practically worshipped Keefe wherever he went.

"You're all here because..." He drew it out, smirking when he saw Sophie scowl and tap her foot, then her wrist, indicating she didn't have much time. "Okay, okay, Miss I-Have-A-Life. You lovely ladies are here because... Well, honestly, this was all very spontaneous," he admitted, losing his façade only for a moment as he did. "But you're all basically because you have various problems with me that cannot be ignored, and we need to resolve this today before it's just kind of too late, or someone kills someone else. I mean, under normal circumstances murder might be fun, buuut not today."