Christmas Special!

I have another — well, SEVERAL things I've been working on, but I'M DROPPING IT ALL FOR THIS, BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS. SO ENJOY SOME SOKEEFE CHRISTMAS FLUUUFF <3

Quick disclaimer: there will be some Christian elements in this particular oneshot, so please don't complain or anything. For me and many others, Christianity has a LOT to do with Christmas, so I'm going to let my writing reflect that this time :) (And please don't question my accuracy if I make Sophie sound like a Christian lol. It's my fic, and it's one oneshot! Please be courteous and understanding <3)

- - -

"Wait, what's... What'd you call it, Christmas?"

Sophie slapped him.

"Hey!" Fitz screeched, rubbing his cheek as Biana snickered, and Dex ran out of the room — which did not muffle the sound of his hysterical laughter the way he probably wanted it to.

Sophie snorted sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "I didn't actually make contact with your skin, Fitz. It was a mime slap. You're okay."

Silence.

Then finally, he said simply, "Oh."

Biana fell off the pristine white cushion she'd been sitting on before she started laughing louder that a banshee's voice was capable of going. Fitz scowled at her for a minute more than he needed to before turning back to Sophie, mumbling something about "judgy sisters" and "I didn't need friends anyway." Dex could still be heard laughing outside. Sophie hated to admit it, but it was probably a good thing Keefe was late. Fitz would never, and Sophie meant never hear the end of it, and no one deserved that level of teasing.

She waited for her friends to settle — Fitz to stop moping, Biana to stop rolling around on the floor laughing hysterically, and Dex to come back inside and sit back in the circle of chairs Sophie had arranged for them at Havenfield — before she kept talking. She tried to ignore the empty seat. If she looked at it too long, she'd probably kill him whenever he finally got there. He was already a half-hour late!

"Okay, clearly I need to educate you," Sophie said teasingly, winking at Fitz, who scowled at her like a five-year-old, motioning with his hand for her to move along with what she was saying. She smirked before complying. "Okay. So, I don't have any fancy definition, but for my family, Christmas was a holiday where we would get together with all of our relatives, exchange gifts, bake cookies, watch old movies — you all know what those are, right? — and stuff like that. Christmas is also a very special birthday. THAT part would be pretty hard to explain right now since we're on a time crunch, but I can explain later if you guys want to know. So... yeah, that's pretty much it! Questions?"

"Um, yeah," Biana said, quirking an eyebrow. "Why do we need to know about a human holiday?"

"Um, because, no offense, but as far as I've seen, there are no elvin holidays or celebrations that can compare to Christmas. It's not just about all the material stuff, it's a celebration of love, and joy, and family. It's almost magical. And, hear me out now," Sophie put out her hands like big stop signs when she saw her friends start to open their mouths. "I think it would be really awesome if we brought Christmas to the Lost Cities!"

Dex raised his eyebrows. "That sounds like a lot of work, Sophie. You might have to do a little convincing, because we barely know what you're asking us to help out with, and I'm assuming you're asking us to help with this."

Sophie sighed, but she saw his point. So, for their remaining half-hour, she explained in better detail the wonderfulness of Christmas, and what exactly she wanted to do to spread the cheer to the Lost Cities, trying to ignore throughout that Keefe was not present.