CHAPTER 15

Amethyst St. Clair's POV

The moment I have feared all my life since Max came into my life has finally arrived. Here I was sitting on the private plane of Franco Calvetti as he was eager to meet our son in New York.

I don't know how Max would react to this sudden news that he's about to meet his father. I shifted in my position and peek at the man sitting in front of me who remain silent since we board his plane.

With the event that happened last night, I didn't sleep a wink thinking about how to deal with this now. He was still clear he was pissed off with the whole thing but didn't say anything to me after our conversation in my room. Part of me was grateful for that.

"Tell me," he said while his eyes were still outside his plane window. "Who was with you when you gave birth to Massimo?"

I shot an alert glance at him. So we're back at this thing again, are we? "My two younger sisters. Even at the late stages of my pregnancy, the media was still keen to know the mysterious father of my unborn child and my due date they want to get exclusive snaps of my baby's face at the first opportunity."

His face twisted with distaste at the thought. I couldn't forget the unwanted media attention I suffer when I was still pregnant with Max.

"We drive to the back entrance of the hospital because there was already paparazzi camping outside the hospital somehow they knew that I will give birth to that hospital." I continue with my tale. "I am always grateful for my sister, Emerald, and Sapphire who had been there for me. Grandfather also wants to be there but we fear that his presence at the hospital would only escalate the speculation that I am about to give birth."

"Was it a swift childbirth for you?"

"Not really," I answered, rubbing my hands together in my lap. "It was supposed to be a normal delivery for me since my labor was on track but when I was about to deliver him. I have a hard time pushing him out it took me almost an hour and a half but there's no progress I am getting tired of pushing and Max's heartbeat is getting weaker because of the prolonged delivery..."

"Oh, God..." He rubbed his face with his hands as if ease away the frustration he was experiencing right now.

"That's the time my doctor decided that I need to deliver him via emergency cesarean section," I recalled those times at the hospital. "The last thing I remember was they transfer me to a stretcher and wheeled me into the operating room. The next time I open my eyes I was already in the recovery room with no recollection of what happened after I lost my consciousness."

Franco's face filled with anguish and remorse. "How I wish I can turn back the time and be there for you."

I smiled slightly in his direction. "Don't worry. Max grew up a healthy and intelligent boy. It turns out that he was cord coil, the harder I push the hard his umbilical cord tighten around his neck."

"I think that's enough information for now." He suggested, there was still a troubled expression in his eyes. "It feels like there was a sharp knife pushing its way into my heart hearing your story about giving birth to our son."

"He is worth every pain I suffered."

He gave me a faint smile. "Yeah, I believe so. I am excited to meet him."

I didn't answer after that and just stare outside my plane window and it didn't take long before we landed in New York. Oh god, here it comes...

*****

"Book a hotel somewhere or do something while I talk to Max about you," I informed him when we were at the lobby where the penthouse of my sister and brother-in-law is. "Besides, we can't be sure if Max wants to meet you."